Any married couples losing weight together?

Options
My husband and I are both new to MFP, so far we are both addicted. We love it! I was wondering if there were other married couples on here together losing weight. I'm not talking about if your spouse supports your weight loss ( which is great!!!) I mean, they are fighting their own battle as well to reach a goal. Married, single, doesn't matter as far as support, I enjoy it all, and very much appreciate it. But wouldn't mind meeting other couples who share our same journey , being married and doing it as a "team"

Replies

• roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wish. My husband could stand to lose at least 50 lbs, but he is only interested in me losing weight!!
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my hunny Demonhunterdon and I are!!!!!!!!!!!! It didnt start out that way but it sure ended up that way!!!! :D so far together we have lost 53lbs!!! in 3 months!!! :D best of luck to you guys!!! :D
  • roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Why does he only want you to lose weight?

Curvymom, that's awesome. So far your the first Ive seen.. You guys can add myself, and Radar330 if you want to!
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, finally persuaded my hubby to join me on here 2 weeks ago. He lost 2.2lb in his first week. I have to do all the logging for him but he is really starting to listen to me about his lack of calories mon-fri!!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't need to lose weight, but he has because I do the cooking! He's lost weight and had to make another hole in his belt!!
  • ksaltsman04
    ksaltsman04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband actually started about a month before I did. He has lost 30 pounds and I have lost 25. We are both doing Weight Watchers also. I can't get him to exercise with me, though. He just does the diet part. I would love to have an exercise partner.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    While he isn't on MFP, my SO is also trying to lose weight. I cook healthier meals, he packs healthier meals for lunch at work and we started jogging together!
  • oviedothais
    oviedothais Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wish my husband was determined and driven to loose weight. He says he wants to but it is just like everyother time that he has said it before.
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are losing together. We lost a lot before joining here a few weeks ago. He had lost 30 and I had lost 50 before starting here.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Sort of. He wants to, but he eats like crap still.
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband, "tobeybusch" and I are losing together. I started first, on WW, in 2011. I started at 205, got down to 187 and then fell off the bandwagon. I started back on WW May 31, 2012 at 198. People on the WW boards started talking about MFP and I decided to try to double track/log. I did that for two weeks. I found that although I was eating all of my points on WW, sometimes even a few extra, I wasn't eating enough calories. The phone app for WW never worked that well either. I soon saw how much more user-friendly MFP really is and who doesn't like FREE? Haha. I cancelled my WW subscription and have never looked back.

Before quitting MFP my husband decided, after seeing me lose some weight, that he wanted to try WW too. We googled how many points he could have and he tried to keep track of it in his head. He wasn't having much success because 1) he wasn't able to eat all of his points and 2) he was having trouble keeping a mental track of it. After I tried MFP for one week, he remembered he had an MFP account already and came back.

While we BOTH want to lose weight and reach goal... he is a little more hard-core than me. I mean, for me I have decided I don't care how long it takes... I will just keep forging ahead. He wants results QUICK. He is VERY GOOD with his eating and he exercises 7 days a week. I aim for 4-6 days a week, but since I'm a teacher and a mom of two kids with ADHD, I rarely meet my goal. I usually get at least 3 days of exercise in though.

Anyhow. Good luck to you and your husband! I have found that he helps keep me going. :wink:
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are. He doesn't do friends or the forums though, just calorie logging. I started on here a few years ago, left, and came back when he was also serious about getting healthy. He's worse than I am about logging his calories now. LOL!! We've been doing it 3.5 weeks so far and he's down 11lbs., and I'm down 8.

You can add me if you'd like to, but he's not into the forum/friends part of it. :)