Hard time eating all my calories

Options
I have a weight loss goal of 57lbs. I started 2 weeks ago and I am down 7. I am having a really hard time eating all my calories tho. I dont USUALLY eat junk for my calories, i occasionally do and then I feel bad about it. I just hate seeing the whole "1200" calories reached. Just seems like SO much. Also, is losing 50lbs in 8.5mo a reasonable goal??? Any one who has done this, or is in the process, please add me. I am in need of help/motivation/friends! :) Thanks you guys.

Last thing, I love fruit, is it bad to eat fruit at night??

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    you will get different opinions here, but here is MY two cents...

please, do not eat lower than 1200 calories. very VERY few need this, and if you are exercising then NO ONE should eat 1200 or less.

weight train 4-5 days per week
    cardio 3-4 days per week (no longer than 30 min..HIIT is better)
    eat CLEAN.. look for clean recipes of your favorite foods!!
    yes, 50lbs is reasonable. you can do this!!

the best way to add calories (and easiest) is by adding healthy fats if you arent hungry...
    -avocado
    -nuts
    -olive oil
    -coconut oil

many people will tell you that fruit has too much sugar...

i eat TONS of fruit. i see it doing no harm..i mean...its fruit.
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    BuckwheatsMomma Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have that problem as well. It is hard to eat 1200 cals a day, and I usually come a bit lower than 1200, however I have been pushing hard to make the 1200.

I get full very quickly half way through my meal. I, too. will take Stephanie0's advice.

Good luck!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I do not see how you are having difficulty eating 1200 calories. At your height and weight, maintenance should be well above that. Even your BMR and RMR will be slightly above that. So if 1200 seems SO much to you, that implies you have been eating much less.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out and eating healthy it was too much food for me to eat. It took me only a couple months of eating healthy to get use to eating 1200-1500 calories a day. Now I have NO problem eating that much.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You're eating one actual meal per day most of the time with the rest being snacks.
  • lleelloo
    lleelloo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was just reading a bunch of posts like this last night! They were basically saying that yeah, we do need to have at least 1200 calories just to keep our vital organs functioning and speed up metabolism, but that it's all relative to the person, so a little bit under or a little bit over shouldn't make a huge difference. If you are a couple of hundred under, you could try some healthier foods that are higher in calories like chia seeds, quinoa or any kind of nuts.

I'm also aiming to lost around 50lb ish (23 kilos to me) and I'd say that 8.5 months is a reasonable time frame if you work hard enough. I think for me, I'm not too focused on a set date to lose the weight, I just want to focus on developing a healthy lifestyle and feeling fit again.

As for fruit, there's probably a bunch of conflicting info out there. For instance, this book I read - "Fit For Life" (great book btw) says that nothing but fruit in the morning is awesome, but fruit at night isn't so great because of the high sugar content. But then I remember reading an article ages ago about how when Kelly Osbourne lost a stack of weight, she would eat half an apple before bed. My opinion - as long as you don't go crazy and eat your weight in bananas, a tiny bit of fruit at night can't be that bad - especially when you think about all the other junk you might start to reach for when you're craving something sweet. Fruit seems like the healthiest option.