Progress Pics, 111lbs lost, advice wanted please!

Options
Hi guys, I am getting a lot of opinions (some unwanted of course) about whether or not I should lose more weight, or how much more weight I should lose. I have somewhat of an idea of where I want to be, but since I am the one in this body, its harder for me to see myself clearly sometimes. I'm sure most of you know what I mean. I'm very proud of my progress so far, but I am still stuck in the mindset of being huge. My body has been adjusting to the size I am now so even though I have lost 111 pounds so far I feel sometimes as if I am still that girl I was. I know I'm not, just asking for some honest advice. Please don't get the impression I'm fishing for compliments, I just would really like the advice and opinions from people actually GOING through everything I'm going through, instead of outside opinions from people who haven't made this journey.

Height" 5'2
Starting weight: 267.2
Starting pant size: 26
Starting shirt size: XXXL

Current weight: 155.8
Current shirt size: Medium/small
Current pant size: 8-12

Goal weight: Between 100-120 pounds

body1.jpg

face1.jpg

body2.jpg

face2.jpg

Replies

• Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I can't see your pics. I can't really say from your stats what would be reasonable or not as I'm 5'11 so numbers would be very different for us.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    you look STUNNING!! you're sooo gorgeous!! congrats to you so far!!

i would say focus more on weight training now than cardio. eat a fairly decent amount of calories (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) to maintain muscle.

weight train (HEAVY LIFTING) 4-5 days a week
    cardio (HIIT training will be best) 3-4 days a week.

eat clean!!

the last few pounds are the hardest. just enjoy the process <3
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Ok, they are there now.

I think you look fantastic and should be very proud of what you've accomplished. If you want to continue to lose weight, I don't think it'd be unhealthy to do so, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be happy with where you are now either. 100 lbs might be a bit low, but I don't think 120 would be a bad goal to shoot for.

Good luck on the continued journey :smile:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Set your own goals, and don't believe the mirror. It may take awhile before your vision of yourself is trustworthy.
    You've done great work so far, congratulations!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    First off-- you look AMAZING! Congrats on all your weight loss!

Now for your question: I would go with 125lbs as a goal. I feel 100lbs may be too small for your build. Maybe shoot for that, and see how you look then.

I have had amazing weight loss success using tons of Jillian Michael videos (before/after pics in profile if you want to see).

I wish you the best!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Can't see your pics either, but I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS on all your hard work. :flowerforyou:
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are going through! I am 5'3, started at 206 and just hit 129. I'd really like to hit 120-125, but my friends are telling me to stop where I am at. I am going to start focussing on weight training and toning, instead of so much cardio. I do not think I have a realistic view of what my body looks like. I like to say that my brain hasn't yet caught up with my *kitten* :P
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Holy bejeepers you look great! What a difference. Be proud of yourself woman!
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've been into heavy lifting for awhile, but I had to cancel my gym membership when I lost my job a couple months ago. I'll be joining again next week when I get a paycheck. I'm not having issues with eating or exercise, I eat clean and love the gym, I'm just wondering why when people look at me and feed me the whole 'no don't lose any more weight, you'll be too skinny' when I'm not even near where I want to be yet, I'm still not even in healthy body fat range. It just makes me wonder, why are all these people freaking lying to me...or am I really not seeing myself the way others do...or WHAT. It's driving me insane.
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh! You look amazing, btw :)
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate everything.

Justamyagain, that's how I'm feeling for sure lol. Not sure if my brain just hasn't caught up or if people are just feeding my ego. I don't like not knowing the difference :(

Also I can't decide if I wanna end up curvy or on the thinner side. But I DO enjoy the fact that it's all up to me :D
  • MKLC
    MKLC Posts: 13
    Options
    In my opinion, its all about how YOU feel. Don't look in the mirror for the answer. Is your body functioning properly (won't put gross details ;) heh)? Do you feel light? Check your BMR and see where you should be for your height, age, etc and go from there. Just remember its not about how you look on the outside. It's how you feel, if your body is functioning properly. Eat the proper amount of nutrients, exercise daily and your body will respond how it needs to. So long that you are being healthy about it. I'd reach out to a nutritionalist or a physician.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    You look terrific. Don't push to be a specific number on the scale. Tell the voices in your head to shut up :noway: and listen to the folks who say you look great! They aren't just feeding your ego, they aren't lying, they are merely stating the facts!

Great job! Congratulations! :drinker:

Good luck with the next step on your journey -- acepting your beautiful new body!:flowerforyou:
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing progress!

You look great.

I'm 5'8 so it is hard for me to say what is a good goal weight for your height. My advice would be to focus more, at this point, on trying to add strength training, as the others have said. I believe that, as far as healthy is concerned, you would still be able to lose more and remain healthy, but you also look great. If you want to lose more for vanity reasons, I believe that you certainly can do so and remain in your healthy range, just don't over restrict or over exercise to do so. Adding strength training will allow your body to intake more calories without losing weight because you will increase muscle. At this point you might consider a heart rate monitor to get accurate daily intake goals based on your output.

Your mind will catch up with your body, just make sure to allow it time to do so! Enjoy!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    I was around your age when I lost weight the first time and had the EXACT same issue.I felt like the same size (obviously wasn't) I think I decided to stop losing weight when I was able to maintain the weight I was at that point. I gained the weight back but the first time I lost weight was not due to a diet NOT an acutaly lifestyle change like this time around.Anyways best of luck doll and congrats on 70 lbs lost and please don't take for granted how you feel at your current weight (mistake I made)-xo
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    111 pounds! Just amazing! you are gorgeous! I'm inspired! The old saying "Don't fret the small stuff, it's all small stuff may apply"
    In a nation where obesity rules (counting myself - but on my way to healthy) there's a mind set of what is healthy. Sadly, their data is skewed as most people are at least over weight so to them that is the norm, the healthy. I'm 5'9" and many years ago weighed 120 a great weight for my frame and dealt with the same "eat more your too skinny comments". People love others with food most times it's not intentional so recognize their food offering as saying I love you/you look fabulous partake if you really are hungry or smile and decline. In the end its never about anyone but you. You set your goals work toward them whatever weight you feel good at and perhaps along the way the food offerers will join you on the path to health. Good luck and continued success on your journey
    Keep up the amazing work
    Be Proud
  • YoungerNextYear59937
    Options
    That's a lot of weight! 111 pounds! Awesome accomplishment. I'm 5'1" and started out at 172. My initial goal was 125. At that point I reassessed and decided to lose some more, if it was fat and not muscle. I'm now at 116 and have never been more fit. I also feel great. So make an initial goal. It can be 135 or so. Then when you get there reassess. You'll know.
  • Miss_Ever55
    Miss_Ever55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know EXACTLY how you feel! I have lost 105 pounds in total, and it is such a weird feeling! I mean I feel great, but I still reach out for the bigger size dress in shops, and the fat girl is still in my head. In the last few months I've noticed that guys have been flirting with me and most of the time it's nice but , that fat girl is still saying in my head " are they serious? can't they SEE me?"

I still have about another 30 pounds to go and I want to tone up, and tighten the skin. But I just want you to know you look BEAUTIFUL! If you want to hit the 120 mark then I think that'd be fine, it is just toning up the skin now. If you ever need a friend on here that knows what your going through - i am here!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, I was constantly being told off by my sister when we out clothes shopping as I would pick up the size 14. I can now see how big that size looks for me without having to try it first. Its a nice feeling, when you eventually get there!

I am 5'4 and generally maitained 145lb for two years +.as I was quite happy being there. Now I am trying to lose that extra 10 lbs as that feels right.

It should always be about how you feel, and how you are coping.

You look lovely, maybe its time learn to enjoy it. x
  • arwen3
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible!!!!! I agree that more weights, less focus on cardio would work best for you. I am 5"5 and btwn 127&130. Sure, I'd like to be 115, but that's just not my body type. I'd have to starve and I refuse to do that;) don't take other peoples opinions of what your weight should be. Where do YOU feel comfortable? That's all that matters.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!