tummy fat.

Options
2»

Replies

• emnk5308
    Options
    Just be patient <3 Are you taking progress pictures? If not, start. My belly is GROSSSS as well.. but I have noticed a change is SHAPE! =) I can tell where it is starting... it does take the longest though.. belly fat is really hard to get rid of, just don't let it discourage you.
  • AmberShinn1
    AmberShinn1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you go to a gym to work out? When I had a gym membership there were a few machines that helped A TON. There was one where you sat and used your ubber abs to push backwards. (I noticed such a difference with my upper stomach) There is also a machine where you sit but are leaning back somewhat and you are lifting a bar with your legs/lower abs. BEST thing in the world for that tummy pocket. Lastly, there was a machine where you sat on a stool that turned. This helped my sides amazingly!!
    I had let my weight get bad again and I cannot wait to get back into the gym to do these.

If you don't have a gym membership, I know an exercise for your lower stomach. It is similar to the machine. Sit on the very edge of your bed. You can lean back or lay down if you like. You can even do it on your couch when watching tv. Lean back and keep your legs straight and together. Lift them up and down just dont let them hit the floor and go up to make a 45 degree angle from your legs and your stomach. After you get used to it, you can even add weights to your feet.

I really hope this helps because I know the tummy is the hardest to get!:happy:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What it comes down to is overall body fat lose, not weight loss. I say this because you need to preserve your lean body mass in order to have definition. This means heavy weight training and generally a small calorie deficit (generally 20% less than tdee) is about the best option. Next is just time and diet. It wont happen over night and you need a very clean diet (whole foods, lean meats, fish, fruits and veggies). Minimize processed foods as much as possible (not necessary but i stay away from grains and most dairy for this reason). You can minimize cardio but if you must, try HIIT as there have been studies that suggest HIIT is effective at cutting fat and maintaining muscle.

With that said, if you post your height, weight and age and workout program (length etc) and job we can estimate how many calories you need.
  • valeriejean1407
    Options
    Just be patient <3 Are you taking progress pictures? If not, start. My belly is GROSSSS as well.. but I have noticed a change is SHAPE! =) I can tell where it is starting... it does take the longest though.. belly fat is really hard to get rid of, just don't let it discourage you.

As much as I hate looking at the pictures right now, I have noticed a change. Between that and taking measurements I've seen a change, although it's not necessarily the changes I was hoping for first :)
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    Weight comes off in the order it was put on. Just be patient -- it will come off. For women, fat is primarily stored in the tummy, butt, and legs (sorry, can't change evolution!).

I wish i stored fat in my butt! lol. My weight primarily has come off my boobs and my butt and my arms. Most of us do store a lot of our fat in our tummy but I think where the rest is distributed depends on body type, diet, type of exercises you do, etc.
    If only I could take some of my tummy fat and move it to my boobs and butt! That would be a dream come true! :D
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    With that said, if you post your height, weight and age and workout program (length etc) and job we can estimate how many calories you need.

She is 21 y/o and 5' 3 and 122lbs...enough said? hehehehe
  • gothamriots
    Options
    For most people, belly fat is the last to come off. Be sure to know what your body shape is (hourglass, pear, apple, etc.) -- because that might give you an idea about what parts of your body go "down" first! :-)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

She is 21 y/o and 5' 3 and 122lbs...enough said? hehehehe

Its a start. If she works out 5-6 days a week and does not have an active job/daily lifestyle, then she should be eating around 1800 calories. But once she post that and opens the diary we can see where there are areas of improvement.
  • How long has it been since you first started working out? It usually takes a few weeks before you start seeing results.
  • griffx12
    griffx12 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Less. Carbs! And Pilates.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    keep the cardio up and do some pushups and evenually it will slim down.
  • little_lisid
    little_lisid Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    be paitent, keep working out, do core exercises to strenghten the muscles below. I love power yoga of any sort but hot power yoga especially - didn't know there were abs lurking underthere till I started. But if your looking for a cheaper option, check out stuff like bodyrocktv or other similar things on you tube - there are heaps of routines up there for core workouts demonstrating a million versions of plank related exercises. I love power yoga though, because I love the moment in each class where I am working hard, sweating like crazy, pushing myself to the line and realising that holding a plank for five breaths feels like a resting pose :D
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sometimes this is just how genetics shapes our bodies. I've always had a "pooch" even when I was at my fittest as a competitive distance runner! My mom and aunt had one too, so I do whatever I can to work with that and just try to get my overall weight down and health up. That said, drinking water, more water, and more water seems to help a lot... and not drinking alcohol. Alcohol will immediately add an inch to my waist, even though I know its mostly just water, but I always feel slimmer when I go a nice long time without booze. And just keep at it! Be proud of yourself and how much you've done, you've worked so hard! :flowerforyou:
  • aallegri
    Options
    It's funny, because when I got dressed for church today, I thought my hips looked MUCH bigger, even though I've lost inches and pounds in the past few months. But it's about proportion. My waist is coming back, so my hips look bigger. Sure enough, when I got to church, I got a few compliments. I'm just going to try to enjoy the journey. I'm sure there will be weeks where I feel/look awkward.

Same thing with tummy fat. You may be losing elsewhere -- so it looks like your tummy is bigger. I'm sure it's smaller too. As long as the clothes are getting looser and the scale is going the right way, THINK POSITIVE.

You'll lose it. We all lose weight in a different order. Working out can firm things up, but it can also create bulk -- I'm not saying that's a bad thing. You have to build muscle to help burn the fat.

Crossing my fingers for us all...
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey since 1/1/12. My dream? A flat stomach... In the past 9 months I have noticed a significant change in my stomach, but it is still my biggest weakness and I also feel like I won't ever be able to get rid of it. But I won't let that get me down, just fuels me to work even harder. Good luck to you!