McDonalds...ohhh god.

Options
So I am in no means a "health nut," I usually eat mostly chicken and veggies but also can eat more starches and "whites" (bread, rice, chips) and empty calories than I should. BUT- I haven't had fast food in awhile and was seriously craving it today. I had a horrible day, fought with a coworker, found out the guy I had been dating is a complete douche, (10000 of excuses) and I finally said F it and went to McDonalds.

I had a cheeseburger and an order of fries, scarfed it down, and less than 20 minutes later I threw up. I haven't had McDonalds in a LONG time, did my body just freak out because of it? I don't feel sick or anything now and actually worked out a few hours later....but I am still a little confused on why that happened.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

I now know that I will NOT go to Mickey D's again. YUCK!

Replies

• ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking for about 20 days.
    And eating really healthy.
    Yesterday I had a chicken and cheese toasted sandwich and some cookies. I felt really sick. Managed to keep in down but then today I have been in so much pain, my liver hurts and I'm bloated.
  • angelbabyskies
    Options
    I'm not sure. But something similar has happened to me.
    I just haven't been eating much junk food (not depriving myself) then had a craving for chips and fattening heavy cream coffee. I felt sick after eating it and was actually not interested in eating it again. Maybe your body just doesn't want as much junk (which is great!!)
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    it happens ;) and mc donalds is so gross anyway.. look at the way they produce the chicken nuggets aka mechanically separated meat. yuck.

google pictures has the best images if you're wondering how it looks like ;)
  • fiona2785
    Options
    You're not on your own! I was out & about eating with other people yesterday, without the healthy choices, so I had a really heavy, fatty food day. My body doesn't throw up easily, so I wasn't sick, but I was awake til 3.30am feeling like my stomach was turning in knots & trying to eat itself. Urgh. Back to healthy today!
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It may have just been the stress and no matter what you ate wasnt going to stay down. I dont know. As to the poster that commented on how they do the chicken, I dont care, Its still good. And a Big mac is the best burger on the planet.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've been eating pretty healthy for a while now.
    I was craving donuts so I had one, after I did I felt so sick and awful. I wasn't sick, but I felt bloated and really icky for a while after. :)
  • ShannelHawkes
    Options
    If you haven't had that type of food for a while, your body was shocked and reacted. :smile: Don't beat yourself up over this. Try to keep it from happening again. You'll be fine.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I hear this a lot from people who have been eating healthy for a long time. I'm on WW and track mostly on that. I've had similar happen to me when I went to a party and the only food they served was fried junk. I didn't eat much of it just a nibble here and there but got very sick within an hour and felt sluggish the next day. I never did that again! now if there isn't anything healthy to eat I just won't eat. I wait till I get home. Its not worth the pain and agony to eat that junk food.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a chicken and cheese toasted sandwich and some cookies. I felt really sick. Managed to keep in down but then today I have been in so much pain, my liver hurts and I'm bloated.

your liver hurts?
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Yep--it does happen.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I went for a long bike ride yesterday, got all my workouts in last week and felt like having a doughnut yesterday.......it tasted great.

There's nothing wrong with eating junk food (well, maybe except the golden arches.........it is disgusting garbage disguised as food) every now and again.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    On a driving trip with my mom this summer we went to a gas station that had a McDonalds in it and I needed a bit of protein so I had a single regular hamburger. All I could taste was all the salt they put in it!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I used to like McDonalds as a kid, but as an adult, I don't like it any more - I can't imagine craving it. But if I eat something unhealthy after I've been eating healthily, my body doesn't like it. I don't throw up, but I feel horrible. I imagine, as someone else said, that the stress of your day also contributed to you throwing up - the digestive system shuts down when you're very stressed, because you go into fight or flight mode. I used to sometimes throw up when I worked night shifts - my body hadn't digested the food - and I think this was because night shifts were a physical stressor to my body. I couldn't adapt to them at all.

On the plus side, your body will now associate McDonalds with throwing up, and you will have an automatic aversion to it now! You'll never crave it again!
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options

your liver hurts?

Yes it does

* may be completely unrelated though
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean"er" than most for awhile now and every once in awhile i eat something really bad and greasy. I ALWAYS get sick to my stomach. I think if more people ate better All the time, fast food wouldn't be as bad as it is. Just a theory.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    A year ago I typically ate breakfast at McDonalds every single morning of the week- along with a few lunches and dinners. That habit was at the top of the list when I got serious about trying to improve my health and for 2012 I have kept away. But a few weeks ago we took the kids there for a hot fudge sundae treat and the grease smell coming out of the drive-thru window was so gross it made me want to throw up. So yeah I can totally see how it would turn your stomach.

By the way I had a Sundae too and it was soooo good- they give you double hot fudge for 25 cents. :)
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Whenever I break down and eat greasy stuff that I'm not used to anymore I feel fine until the next morning. Then my stomach gets a bit queasy and I get the runs. Yuck! But I keep going back every month or so for a day. I enjoy it knowing there will be a cost and plan to not feel well the next day. (horrible I know) but at least it reminds me why I don't eat like that daily anymore.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    My stomach gets sick after fast food. Still have it sometimes. It's soo gooood, lol. Same with Chinese, I get sick at the thought of it, but it's so yummy!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I've gotten McDonald's twice without the bun or fries. First time it sat perfectly fine with me, second time made me sick.

McDonald's has always been like that for me. It's like the fast food lotto, you never know what it's going to do to you.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    No idea why that happened.