FAST FOOD!!

Options
2»

Replies

• greengoo
    Options
    That pancake looks verry satisfying! the reat look very yummy as well.. where do you get the recipes from¡
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just have a cup of cocoa and that seems to cure my craving for whatever..... Good luck!!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Best way not crave fast food is to preplan a day where put meal lunch with fast food. Normally you just don't care after a while though it makes 1 meal fun. Sunday is Arbys day =)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I had a fast food craving last week. So I made vegetable "fries" (stay with me here). I put green beans and fine asparagus tips into a bowl with a teaspoon of oil, a crushed clove of garlic and some salt. Mixed it all up so the veg were evenly coated, then tipped it out onto a baking sheet and put it in a med/hot oven so about 8 minutes. They were crunchy and so delicious, I ate the lot!!
    thanks
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    If I want fast food, I have it. I just make smarter choices that I might have before. I don't get a combo meal with fries and a soft drink. I get the burger and eat it with water to drink, or a sugar-free iced tea. I regularly get a grilled chicken salad from The Habit and semi-regularly get a garlic Mahi Mahi healthier plate from L&L Hawaiian. They are all a lot less calories than what I might have ordered before.

I figure out what I want before I go get it, with the nutrition information online and I plug it into my food diary to make sure I won't go over for the day.

I see this as a lifestyle change, not a diet that I'm giving up everything I might like. The best way, for me at least, is to incorporate things like fast food in a moderate and reasonable way to make this an easy change in which I don't feel constantly deprived and really go on a binge (except maybe one day a month as a special cheat/treat day).
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If I want fast food, I have it. I just make smarter choices that I might have before. I don't get a combo meal with fries and a soft drink. I get the burger and eat it with water to drink, or a sugar-free iced tea. I regularly get a grilled chicken salad from The Habit and semi-regularly get a garlic Mahi Mahi healthier plate from L&L Hawaiian. They are all a lot less calories than what I might have ordered before.

I figure out what I want before I go get it, with the nutrition information online and I plug it into my food diary to make sure I won't go over for the day.

I see this as a lifestyle change, not a diet that I'm giving up everything I might like. The best way, for me at least, is to incorporate things like fast food in a moderate and reasonable way to make this an easy change in which I don't feel constantly deprived and really go on a binge (except maybe one day a month as a special cheat/treat day).

I do the same thing because its hard with my job to not do fast food occasionally. I also ask for apples instead of fries which takes out 400ish of the calories! No cheese, no mayo etc.

This is weird.. you won't believe it ... MCDONALDS (of all places) has a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat that is pretty good around 300 calories if you get it plain. Then 15 calories for the apples - not too shabby.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    A salad with avocado on it. I figure that if i'm craving fat, i'll give in a little and have some avocado fat.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am craving something particularly unhealthy, I try logging it first to see what it does to my numbers for the day/ week. That is usually all I need to lose the craving. Just seeing how unhealthy most fast food is, can be an excellent motivator.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It was the grease n salt.. lol wow that sounds nasty now that iv got over it!! ithink the peanut hutter helped..
    Peanut butter helped for the exact same reason, very high fat content.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Park 3 miles away from the fast food joint and walk there to get it. The walk there and back should burn around 500-600 calories, easily. That is, if you have about 2 1/2 hours on your hands.
  • greengoo
    Options
    A salad with avocado on it. I figure that if i'm craving fat, i'll give in a little and have some avocado fat.
    love love love avacados!
  • greengoo
    Options
    Whenever I am craving something particularly unhealthy, I try logging it first to see what it does to my numbers for the day/ week. That is usually all I need to lose the craving. Just seeing how unhealthy most fast food is, can be an excellent motivator.
    i did thia yesterday with popcorn!! So i will try this first from now on!
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Go get a kid's meal. Craving won't go away with the food. Just steer clear of the shake, even a small of those is not good.
    I second this.

I always get kids meals and save tons of calories. If I get adult sized, I'm super stuffed by the end of it and feeling sluggish and nasty.

OR you could always replace the burger with a grilled chicken sandwich, the large fries with small, and the milkshake with just vanilla milk, or milk with some sugar added. That could easily cut the calories in half or even in thirds.