Half Way through my Journey (Pics)

Options
ClarkeEJ
ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
I lied. I am half a pound away from being half way. I want to lose 105lb and I have lost 52lb. Haha.

Me and my hubby decided we wanted to lose some weight in January. We both lost a fair bit by the end of February and then joined MFP and since then have lost alot more. My hubby has lost 63lb and is at goal weight. He had no trouble losing. I've had a few bumps along the way with plateaus and having to adjust all the time. I have never exercised before in my life and now I do something almost everyday and it is certainly paying off. It has taken 8 months to come this far so I am hoping in another 8 months I will be at goal.

The first photo was taken last year when we were on our way to Royal Ascot, at the time we thought we looked fab and colour co-ordinated. The 2nd photo was taken on a family visit to the coast yesterday, we took our kayak and hubby and the kids had hours of fun in the sea. I will join them one day when I lose more weight and buy myself a wetsuit (they are the most unflattering item of clothing ever!) Our 14 year old son has also lost 19lb and is now at ideal weight. Very pleased for him too.

resized.jpg

My hubby and son...
615201_10151074268632535_631700779_o.jpg

Replies

• MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    OH WOW!!!!!! Such an INCREDIBLE transformation!!!!!!!! Be proud! :smile:
  • kchaney2003
    kchaney2003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Lilmisscutestuff
    Options
    You both luck incredible! Congratulations!
  • scottbad
    Options
    Very Nice. Congratulations to your family.
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look great!! BTW, it looks like you are married to Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Steward)!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing - But dont wait for the wetsuit!! I love my kayak, swimming costume, a baggy t-**** and a boyancy aid is all you need, I do now fit into my mens xl wet suit but I still prefer kayaking in a t-shirt - Much easier to get on and off and no chaffing!!

Well done to the whole family :happy: If you are ever kayaking in Worthing and want t-shirted company.....
  • mamabearcushing
    mamabearcushing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You both look great! Great job! Keep it up!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow! You both look fantastic ( and younger!). WTG for your son, too!
  • kjleijen
    kjleijen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You both look so much younger. How fantastic to be on this journey together and support and encourage eachother. Way to go very inspiring.
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    fantastic to you and your family! wetsuit yuck! but would love to go kayaking with my kids - but want to move to australia and not wear a wetsuit. that's a great incentive.
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You have done wonderfully so far and I have no doubt you will get to your goal. You look fabulous! Great looking family.
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You and your husband both look fabulous and I agree with the other person who posted that you look much younger. Thanks for posting your half-way pics. Given that I still have a large amount to lose (105 pounds), I sometimes focus only on the end goal and lose sight of the fact that with every pound I lose, I'll look better and feel more healthy & fit along the way. Your half-way pics are proof of that- you look terrific! I can't wait to see your at-goal pics! :flowerforyou:
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    You have done wonderful!!! How great it is to have support from both your husband and son! All of you have changed your health and have followed this journey together, and that is a gift that many people don't have. It's hard to go at it alone, so to encourage each other is amazing! WTG!!! :)
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    great job. did your program by chance include use of the holodeck?
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You look great and so does your husband! Great work :)
  • thinjustfabulous
    thinjustfabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wow, you guys look so much younger !!!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You and your family looks great!! congrats on the progress!!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting everyone on board. I have a hard time at home because my husband isn't serious about his weight loss.

Also, Your husband looks like Patrick Stewart!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    A family journey....how exciting and so motivating for me to read. Nice Nice Nice Thanks for sharing
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    Aw Such a CUTE COUPLE !!!! and well done on the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!