Tracking certain exercises:

Options
Does anyone know how to track certain exercises? the only way i can describe this move is "bike legs". You lay on your back, hands under your lower back/bum then do a action like you're riding a bike. I do it all the time but i don't know how to track it on the exercise bar because if i put that exercise under 'bike riding' then i don't want to get the wrong amount of calories. :embarassed:
If anyone could help then thank you! :glasses:

Replies

• Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    idk, maybe a list like this http://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburned.htm would prove helpful. It does not list ALL existing exercises specifically but looking at levels of effort you can see similar activities (like 'Gymnastics") falls into 236 kcal/hour category, same as low-effort cycling. I'd say it's a good enough estimate. I don't think you can be 100% precise here as any exercise can be done with different speed giving different level of calorie burn, so one has to guesstimate anyway, don't you think?
  • SharkyFandango
    Options
    Thanks for the info, i'll check out the website.
    I just don't want to work my butt off and then think i've done amazing in the calorie area then find out what i've been tracking is wrong!.

:]
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That's an ab/core exercise. Do you have a HRM? That's the best way to track and record. If not, search for Ab Exercises or log it under light calisthenics.

Edit to note that MFP does highly overestimate calorie burn. You really should get a HRM if you want accurate recording!!

=)

Good luck!