Not gaining or losing for 3 weeks! Frustrated!

Options
I've been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks now. :( Anyone else having this problem? Know of any ways to keep losing? I know maintaining isn't bad - but I still have 20lbs to go. :(

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    see the post "frustrated" up right now...same exact issue as yours
  • debipepi
    debipepi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am having that same problem!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in the "frustrated" thread - most will apply for you as well!

"Hi,
    Welcome to the boards and more importantly congrats on you choice to live a healthier life. When you make changes to you diet and exercise routine it can take awhile for your hormones/metabolism to catch up with your new life. Please be patient with ourself. There are a few things to look at in the long run ---

Is your calorie target set up properly?
    Here is a good link to help you find all those numbers - BMR TDEE how big a cut etc. MFP will give you some wonky numbers if you have set your weekly loss goal too high for how much you have to lose. If you follow the link and need some help PM me and I will help you check your numbers.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Is your sodium intake high - it will cause water retenntion
    Are you drinking enough water - It helps to flush out water weight retained if your sodium intake is high.
    Are your close to your TOM?
    Did you just up your exercise duration/intensity? It can cause a temporary water/weight gain as your muscles recovery form the new level of intensity.

Most people will tell you that the scale is not your friend - track your measurements and look at you body fat % they will be more consistent. Measure your progress by how well you feel, how strong you are, how your stamina/endurance has improved, how your cloths fit. They are all a better measure of how healthy you are when compared to the number on the scale!

Be patient - it will happen."
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've done this for a while. I just broke through yet another 3 weeks of frustration:mad: . And these weeks are coming more regularly now :grumble: that I'm close oh so close to the goal I set over a year ago:huh: .

I've talked to a lot of people about this :noway: and performing my own root cause analysis:laugh: here are my qualified/quantified conclusions:

I'm not losing weight because...

I'm eating more toward maintenance. :happy:
    I'm exercising with more intensity. :glasses:
    I'm challenging myself to find a balance. :yawn:
    I'm changing from fat to muscle. :love:

And in quantifying my qualification statements -- I'm losing inches! :flowerforyou:

Slow and steady wins the race! With the goal being "For the rest of my natural life", I have the patience to just work the program! Good luck to all of you in your quests to find the balance! It's going to be a wonderful life!! :)
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think it's about calories in/calories out. If you are not losing weight, you must either eat less or exercise more. Look at your diet and see if you can slash your daily caloric intake by 100 calories or add an extra half hour of cardio each day.