Look what my body can do!!

Options
I get so caught up in the fact that I want to lose 20 pounds and fit back into my clothes that I ignore everything else.

This past month I have ran a 5k and a mud run- two things I have never done before. I also work with special needs kids all day- for some of them I am literally their arms and legs. My body gave birth to two healthy kids.

My body does amazing things everyday and I need to not be negative about the way I think it should look. I am healthy. I am active. I can do whatever I want. Thank you body.

Replies

• healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This is so great! I think we all get a little caught up in the "what won't my body do" that is losing those last few pounds, but in all honesty, you only get one of these bodies and it's served you well for so long - what's not to love? This is a fantastic post, thank you for sharing :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I get so caught up in the fact that I want to lose 20 pounds and fit back into my clothes that I ignore everything else.

This past month I have ran a 5k and a mud run- two things I have never done before. I also work with special needs kids all day- for some of them I am literally their arms and legs. My body gave birth to two healthy kids.

My body does amazing things everyday and I need to not be negative about the way I think it should look. I am healthy. I am active. I can do whatever I want. Thank you body.

Good for you. I once apologized to my body for being so dismissive and ungrateful when it basically did everything I requested. It wasn't its fault or mine that it doesn't perfectly confirm to conventional aesthetic standards. I felt better.

That lasted for about a day, but I'm still glad I did it.