Working Out Before Weighing In

Options
2»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning, after a pee and before anything goes in my mouth.

When I'm full swing into a workout routine, I can lose as much as 5 lbs in a workout due to sweating. I'd think you'd get wildly inconsistent scale weights when weighing post-workout, as the intensity of your workout and the conditions in which you performed it would cause inconsistencies in sweating. You may also have eaten differently from day to day, be working out at different times of day, etc.

You want to weigh at the same time, in the same conditions, with the same scale in the exact same spot every weigh-in.

^^This
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other Saturday morning after my 8:00 a.m. Jazzercise class. I usually drink a 16.9 oz. bottle of water during my class and sweat like crazy. Don't know if I weigh more or less but I have been doing it this way since the beginning so it's accurate for my records since it's a consistent routine for me.
  • jmorphis5
    Options
    I agree it does add gain. Yesterday I weighted in at 321 after a workout it was 325
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I usually weight myself once in a week in the morning before I do anything else - I feel like that would probably be the most accurate. If I weighed myself after working out, I would probably weigh a lot less considering I feel like I sweat gallons.... I'm pretty sure I am the sweatiest person at the gym every time.
  • Tangosgrandad
    Tangosgrandad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you weigh. As long as you do it under the same situation every time. If you weigh every week after working out then its accurate. Sometimes doing it before working out and sometmes after isn't accurate. Its as simple as that.