Are the calorie counts correct here?

Options
I have been doing WW for the last 5 months but I would like to learn how the "calorie count" and see if I am staying on track. I have gotten really lazy about tracking my food so I thought this would help me stay accountable. Are the calorie counts on here correct? Are the calories burned correct? I know that calories out must be more than calories in. I am starting TurboFire tomorrow and basically need a new motivation. Need to get excited again. All info is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the calories for food are (the majority) entered by the people here and I have seen huge mistakes. You can fix them when you find them. Dont assume they are correct. Some are and some arent.

the estimates for the calories burned are WHACK. They are generally way to high when compared to reality.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    the calories for food are (the majority) entered by the people here and I have seen huge mistakes. You can fix them when you find them. Dont assume they are correct. Some are and some arent.

the estimates for the calories burned are WHACK. They are generally way to high when compared to reality.

Lol.

I agree with the first part and completely and vehemently disagree with the second part. The calorie burns are dead right on.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Lol.

I agree with the first part and completely and vehemently disagree with the second part. The calorie burns are dead right on.

for everyone? totally impossible
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options

Lol.

The calorie burns have NEVER been dead on when I used MFP's numbers. When I bought my HRM, I was amazed at the big difference. MFP was guestimating WAAAAAYYYYYY too low. Don't trust those numbers. Everybody is different and will burn different, too. You can't take those generic numbers and apply them 100% to your workouts. You are setting yourself up for failure. Some people work out extremely hard and some barely put effort into it.

GET A HRM! :-)