Need help with snack ideas!

Options
I work a full time desk job 30 hours a week! I am very good about not snacking when I get bored which is very common for my job! I like to eat a snack or two in between meals so that I dont over indulge during lunch or dinner! I love fruit and things like wheat thins and pretzels! I have heard that if you snack in between meals it keeps your metabolism going throughout the day! I would love to get more ideas on healthy things to snack on during the day that will hold me over till the bigger meals of the day! Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• jenga727
    jenga727 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kareinlib
    Options
    Stuff I like to snack on:

chips (tostito's blue corn chips are really good and not bad calorie-wise) and salsa; pita bread, carrots, or celery with hummus; small containers of applesauce; and bananas. Bananas usually hold me over until whenever I eat next, and chips and salsa or anything with hummus fills you but still satisfies the want of eating continuously because they are good for dipping. :)
  • kareinlib
    Options
    Oh, and granola. :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I bring snacks to work each day ..... some of my choices are .....

part-skim cheesestick
    raw vegetables with Laughing Cow cheese, or salsa, or hummus
    cottage cheese
    low-fat plain yogurt & SF jam
    portioned out paks of nuts
    Wasa crackers
    fruit
    HB eggs
    square or 2 of dark chocolate

Hope this helps !
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I've been packing lunches and snacks simply because I spend my day an hour from home (though I don't have a job that pays in anything but love-I'm a SAHM). I love carrots with peanut butter, grapes, graham crackers with peanut butter, raw almonds, dry roasted low salt peanuts, plums, peaches, granola bars (there's recipes to make your own even, so you can control the sugar in them), string cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.
  • clowdusc
    Options
    I stumbled upon this the other day:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-holidays-parties/everyday-meals/snacks/the-betty-100-snacks

I'm taking these as ideas though, because I know that a lot of these have healthier alternative ingredients to them.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have two jobs that are both 12 hours so snacks are pretty necessary.
    At job number one, I work in corrections so there are a lot of complications. If I want to go on a little break, I have to go through all of the security to get in and out so I normally eat snacks at my desk. I also cant have glass containers at my desk so I try for baggies of snacks like grapes, carrot sticks, crackers and mini bell peppers.
    At job number two, I take all my breaks in the lunch room/lounge. We are not allowed to eat at our desk. I normally bring a couple dishes of fruit, salad, garbanzo beans, greek yogurt w/granola and assorted veggies for my breaks.
    At both jobs I bring lots of drinks like tea, coffee w/ creamer, energy drinks, water and/or soda water.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes, frozen yogurt. Also if you set up your meals to include a snack in between meals that helps also. :smile:
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    tortilla chips and guacamole
    nuts
    any kind of fruit
    carrots,peppers, broccoli (etc) to dip in hummus
    celery and peanut butter
    apples and peanut butter
    yogurt and berries/honey
    string cheese
    triscuits with cheese...i love the roasted garlic kind with colby jack cheese
    cottage cheese plain or you can add pineapple or some fruit
    smoothies