2»

Replies

• mejulie999
    Options
    Hi you can dd me if yo would like
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all this as well I am currently trying to gain weight, any ideas or people in the same position please feel free to get in touch, my wife is currently on an intake of 1200 calories and I would be extremely worried if she decided to go any lower than that, such a drop would surely leave you weak and unhealthy completely evading the point wouldn't it????

i believe woman calorie intake is a little different then men...so 1200 might not be that drastic...does she work out too?

is the weight gain for you or for your wife?

The weight gain is for me...I'm not currently underweight infact far from it..I would like to gain weight then tone it up weight training,my comment about my wife was merely how I would feel if she was to drop to such drastic levels,she currently is on 1200 and it suits her and her routine

Ok got ya. I am not an expert, but most of the reading I have done on this subject is that you should drop the weight and body fat first and then go for tone up. I believe the reasoning behind this is that if you are working out to bulk up you have to consume a lot of calories. I am 167 pds and work out 5-6 hours a week so they say that I should eat about 2600 to 3000 calories a day to maintain that weight. I am currently trying to cut body fat % so I am cycling carbs and doing about 2000 t o 2200 calories a day.

If you try and eat more and bulk up at same time, you are probably just going to put on more weight and some body fat which is counter productive.

If I were you I spend about six months dropping weight and body fat and then bulk up. Or you could work out with bigger weights but cut your calories down..this should tone you up and lose body fat/weight at same time.

Checkout this article -http://workoutlab.net/building-muscle-and-burning-fat-simultaneously-is-it-possible/

You may want to start with this and see how it goes...I am doing this now for about two weeks and have dropped about two pounds and 1% body fat....

Some other people on here might have some suggestions for you as well...

feel free to add me...