Yeah. IT's mostly water..

Options
When asked by a co-worker a few days ago, how much weight I had lost, I told her i was just shy of 50 pounds. She asked how long it took - I said about 5.5 months..

She said, "wow, that's kind of fast, huh." I said "not really - around or less than 10 lbs a month" she said - "Well, yeah, it's mostly water in the beginning anyhow"...

eh?

I said "um. well yeah, but it's not like I lost 50 pounds of WATER" I think I embarrassed her a bit. She said, "well - the first few weeks anyhow"..

Finally, we agreed that the first 5 or so pounds might be water. Seriously.

Replies

• wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I can't stand individuals like this. Water weight or not...She should have just congratulated you! Congrats! You've done a great job! :D
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    She's jealous! But well done on your loss
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    That would have made me angry. I feel like she was minimizing your loss. Some people are just jealous.

Congrats on your loss! :flowerforyou:
  • JessMySize
    Options
    Congrats!! :) & My first ten pounds were just lost because I stopped eating so much garbage.

50 pounds is INCREDIBLE!! I'll congratulate you. :D CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
  • Caz104
    Caz104 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard for people to believe that hard work and dedication can lead to weight loss like yours?

As a society we all want a quick solution to loosing weight fast, but yet if someone looses as much weight as you have in what they consider a short amount of time then people get suspicious. It leads to uneducated comments like the one you were on the receiving end of, or people assuming that you're going to one of those awful weight loss places, or had surgery.

Nope. no quick fix. No pills No surgery. Just hard work!

I hope you're very proud of your progress - you should be!
  • StillChangingAmie
    Options
    Sounds like she was SO jealous lol. Anyway, congrats! ^-^
  • robyn0123
    robyn0123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your "water weight loss!" I can only hope that in nearly 6 mo I can lose that much "water"!!!
  • leeleedc
    Options
    Congratulations! A pound is a pound. Keep up the good work.
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When asked by a co-worker a few days ago, how much weight I had lost, I told her i was just shy of 50 pounds. She asked how long it took - I said about 5.5 months..

She said, "wow, that's kind of fast, huh." I said "not really - around or less than 10 lbs a month" she said - "Well, yeah, it's mostly water in the beginning anyhow"...

eh?

I said "um. well yeah, but it's not like I lost 50 pounds of WATER" I think I embarrassed her a bit. She said, "well - the first few weeks anyhow"..

Finally, we agreed that the first 5 or so pounds might be water. Seriously.

Congrats to you! Like the rest say you don't need people like that and when you do get them just try and laugh at them! You have great. Keep it going!