63lb down, some pics of my journey

Options
Hi All,

After 20 years of battling with my weight and eating disorders I took the decision to have a sleeve gastrectomy in September 2010. I can safely say it is the best thing I ever did, and I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life.

I no longer obsess about food or comfort eat excessively. Don't get me wrong, I still have days where I'm upset about something and eat a bar of chocolate or a bag of crisps, but that's the extent of it. No more massive binges and feelings of guilt after, and no more yoyo dieting.

I am at the last stubborn 10lb to goal, and have been the same weight for about a year now. My body seems to have hit a plateau where it is comfortable, but I decided to have a final push to shift that last bit. I also really wanted to tone up and get fitter generally.

I decided to try Beachbody's Power 90, and am currently on day 50. I've seen pretty good results so far in my measurements and in the day 30 photos, but the scales aren't yet shifting so I'm kinda frustrated and feeling a bit sorry for myself. I find when I get like this that digging out the old photos is a good way to remind myself how far I've come and it gives me a little boost.

Here are some pics of me at various stages of my weight loss journey.

EDIT: I botched the links in my post, but it was kindly reposted correctly for me so please see below for the pics. :)

Hopefully I'll have further success photos once I'm done with P90, but for now I need to remember how far I've come and how much happier I am, instead of being annoyed at those last 10lb!

Please be kind, I know weight loss surgery isn't for everyone, but try and be understanding.

All the best with your fitness goals, whatever they may be.

xx Lynds xx

Replies

• laurenw1992
    Options
    Hi All,

After 20 years of battling with my weight and eating disorders I took the decision to have a sleeve gastrectomy in September 2010. I can safely say it is the best thing I ever did, and I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life.

I no longer obsess about food or comfort eat excessively. Don't get me wrong, I still have days where I'm upset about something and eat a bar of chocolate or a bag of crisps, but that's the extent of it. No more massive binges and feelings of guilt after, and no more yoyo dieting.

I am at the last stubborn 10lb to goal, and have been the same weight for about a year now. My body seems to have hit a plateau where it is comfortable, but I decided to have a final push to shift that last bit. I also really wanted to tone up and get fitter generally.

I decided to try Beachbody's Power 90, and am currently on day 50. I've seen pretty good results so far in my measurements and in the day 30 photos, but the scales aren't yet shifting so I'm kinda frustrated and feeling a bit sorry for myself. I find when I get like this that digging out the old photos is a good way to remind myself how far I've come and it gives me a little boost.

Here are some pics of me at various stages of my weight loss journey.

Pre-Op....

Preop2.jpg

Pre.jpg

PreOp3.jpg

1 month Post-Op...

1monthpostop.jpg

3 months Post-Op...

3monthspostop2.jpg

Current weight...

last.jpg

Last2.jpg

Hopefully I'll have further success photos once I'm done with P90, but for now I need to remember how far I've come and how much happier I am, instead of being annoyed at those last 10lb!

Please be kind, I know weight loss surgery isn't for everyone, but try and be understanding.

All the best with your fitness goals, whatever they may be.

xx Lynds xx
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! Congratulations! It doesn't matter if you've had surgery or not, you've obviously changed the way you think and feel about food which is a great achievement, and something a lot will find tricky.

Well done, and hope you can maintain your stunning figure :)
  • twosteps
    Options
    Thanks Lauren. Really appreciate that. And thanks for reposting with the pics working too. I'm a numpty for getting the links wrong!

x
  • valeriejean1407
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! Congratulations! It doesn't matter if you've had surgery or not, you've obviously changed the way you think and feel about food which is a great achievement, and something a lot will find tricky.

She is absolutely right... My dad struggled after his surgery and really wasn't able to change the thoughts about food and the lifestyle change required to make that change. It's a great accomplishment! Congrats!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is an inspiring and entirely appropriate record* - well done.

* I seem to have annoyed some of the bikini-posers in another thread, This place, huh?
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and happy:). Congratulations!!!!
  • twosteps
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you're so kind. It means a lot to me.

and Hugh, that made me LOL! :) No bikinis for me yet anyhow!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! It's great you were able to change your thinking about food too.

:wink:
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just fantastic! You should be so proud!!!
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    Thanks Lauren. Really appreciate that. And thanks for reposting with the pics working too. I'm a numpty for getting the links wrong!

x

You're extremely welcome! Next time you try to post pictures, change the IMG bit to lower case img :)
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    fabulous photos , well done and thank you for inspiring me :flowerforyou:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • twosteps
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! What a lovely bunch you are! :D xx
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You look so wonderful. Don't worry about others judging you about having the surgery. Being so frustrated and depressed about your weight can not be good for you either. Just enjoy your success.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Congrtulations you sound like you made the right choice for you, plus you addressed your eating habits along the way.
  • rondaa_ambition
    Options
    you look great!!
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!
  • oonegative
    Options
    incredible!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    wow you look years younger and you are completely gorgeous. Congrats on the weight loss.
  • jjean905
    Options
    wow...amazing job hun!!! You look just beautiful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!