Christmas Challenge? $$ Prize?

Options
Hello everyone!

I was thinking about organizing a christmas weight loss challenge, we would start on September 14th, and end on December 21st, with weekly weigh-ins on Fridays. There would be weekly winners as well as an overall winner. I know I need to get some weight gone by the time christmas rolls around and this will help me stay motivated through the start of the holiday season! I was also thinking we could have an optional cash prize. I would set up a paypal and everyone who wanted to could chip in a set amount (I was thinking $10). Whoever out of the money contestants loses the most gets the pot at the end of the challenge.

Anyone up for this?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I just want to say to people to be careful about sending money to someone online. Or even giving out addresses or phone numbers for that matter.

Signed, Nigerian Princess.
  • ExBED
    Options
    nice idea but would never work. theres no way of telling if people are telling the truth and i know you can say people should be honest/play fai etc etc etc but thats not gonna help when the winners taken 10 quid off everyone!
  • KayTay612
    KayTay612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay, the money is completely optional. I just did a prize system once and thought it really helped with the motivation... and we did scale pictures to try and keep everyone honest. Not saying they couldn't tweak that still, but it seemed to me like everyone was in it to lose weight, maybe I'm just too trusting of people...
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I do like the idea, but like exbedgirl said people lie too much.
  • FhoShplunk
    FhoShplunk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on the people involved. You could say you have to take a picture on the scale showing the weight and a card with the 'word of the week' that was announced Friday or something. You could also say that people had to regularly update their diary and keep it open to whoever is in charge so that you can check out' suspicious' weight loss. While that may keep people honest it's also kind of a bummer to not feel like you can trust anybody. :\ I thought we did fine at the Biggest Loser once. Oooh, or you could have people weigh in privately via pm, and then just announce the winners, that way anyone who was trying to cheat wouldn't be able to guess how much they needed to 'cheat' by. I don't know. just some ideas.

Have you tried weightlosswars.com? I've never used it, but they host several prize-based weightloss competitions. If you don't get the response from here that you'd like, you could try it out over there?