Options
Hello my name is Roschelle and i am new to the site. I finally decided i'm tired of being a chunky monkey...originally a size 2-3 now i'm probably a size 7. I have had trouble staying motivated and i'm hoping this site will do the trick. I have no friends to do this with, I know everybody has friends, well not me. I am doing this for myself, I like to feel and look sexy. I know it's silly but I let my weight determine my self worth. I am EXTREMELY hard on myself. I am hoping to find some friends here that are interested in sharing there weight loss trails with me, and i with them.
Good to be a part of something positive. I need this in my life!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome, Roschelle, This is a great site. My hubby and I decided after 20 years of marriage and steadily putting on weight that were tired of being Roley and Poley.. We decided together to change our eating and stop eating for recreation. We've been using MFP since February and it has changed our lives. We eat different and we find things to do together and with friends that don't include food. We did it one day at a time and we took baby steps in changing what we were doing. I wish you the best and hope that you don't have to wait until you are as old as we are to wake up and make some changes.

Find a group or challenge (look on the "Motivation and Support" board and check out the groups and challenges). They are almost all open to new members. Join a group and check in with them every day and get to know the people in the group.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Oh, and drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: