Confused :/

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this and I was really excited when I signed up and saw that I should reach my target weight on October 19th.
So when I saw that, I was like: " YES! I can do this! " because that's like a little more than a month which would be a dream come true!

But now...I'm really confused because, when I now put in the data about the stuff that I eat it says that I would lose less weight in the next 5 weeks.

So this is kind of embarrassing to me but to be more accurate, I'll post the numbers that it says.

So I wanted to lose 20kg - From 80kg down to 60kg and signing up, myfitnesspal was like: "You'll reach that goal on October 19th", but now when I put in the data it says: If every day were like today... You'd weigh 77.6 kg in 5 weeks.

This doesn't seem right, can anyone please explain this to me, because that kind of frustrates me an I've only started using this website yesterday..

Replies

• ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    first - dont bother looking at the "if you eat like this every day youll weigh XX on XXX day - all its doing is taking what you ate today and giving you a ball park weight loss in 5 weeks - you would have have to eat exactly the same thing every single day for that to be true and even then there are a whole bunch of things that could/would come into play that will skew those numbers

second - throw out the scale and focus on inches lost instead - if you're eating within your macros (% of carbs/protein/fat) each day and getting in your cardio with strength training you'll lose the weight. If you feel like you have to weigh yourself - only do it once a week.

you should be losing anywhere from 1/2 to 2lbs per week depending on what you have your goals set to.

if you want to make sure your goal numbers are right check this link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12