Whats really important?

Options
So I was being my usual critical self this morning being all hard on myself because I don't have my ideal body yet. Then I get my call from my doctor today and he confirmed my brain tumor is 100% officially gone after a year long fight. Then it dawns on me, who gives a bleep about a perfect body! I need to eat as well as I can and exercise for fitness as often as I can to keep myself healthy, but perfection is such a waste of time! Just a reminder to everyone to love you for you, enjoy life, and strive for health rather than the "ideal" body.

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news I am so happy for you that you have fought such a tremidious battle and won. You are very right I tell my daughter (who has C.P) all the time that there is know such thing as perfect. And all we can strive for is to be the best we can be everyday.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Wonderful words of Reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congradulation and and best of luck on your journey
  • divambs
    Options
    Many congrats to you, and a thank you for sharing. This was just what I needed to hear today...a reminder of what is truly important! No pity parties for feeling bloated when someone can rejoice in being tumor free. Life is too darn short. Cheers to you!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    he confirmed my brain tumor is 100% officially gone after a year long fight.

Then your body is perfect.

Bless you:flowerforyou:
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    I am so happy you are better. What a long struggle you must have been through.

You are 100% right. Thank-you for sharing. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • bankie79
    Options
    That's wonderful!!!! I totally agree. My daughter is missing half of her heart and it puts me in perspective every day. She's been through more in her four short years than most people ever do and she's taught me that every day is a blessing.
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this, i really needed to hear it. =) Fantastic news too!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a case of the brain tumors to snap you out of that funk! :tongue:

LOL,
    seriously though, glad to hear you're 100% lady!
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Yea that puts things in perspective doesnt it. Life and living healthy is MORE important!!! Dont sweat the small stuff (the perfect body, although i do understand where your coming from):drinker: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you are doing better. You have really helped me change my way of thinking. Such true words.
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    AH! CONGRATS! That is great news, so happy for you.

If anyone ever needs another little story like that, check out www.givesmehope.com
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    A perfect gift! I'm so glad you received good news! Now enjoy your new lifestyle and attitude!
    Also thanks for sharing, there is so much whining out there it's good to get life back into perspective.