Progress Pics

Options
jworb
jworb Posts: 146 Member
I've been on MFP for a while but only really started using it in January. I had actually gained a few pounds since I started the account, so my ticker is about 4lbs short - I've lost 28lbs so far.

The summer has been a lot more stressful than I anticipated - I have basically stalled out for the last few months and I'm hoping that taking the leap and posting progress pics will help re-ignite my motivation and commitment. I'm still not seeing that much of a difference besides my face and arms, but I know it's noticeable. The before photos were taken about a year ago, and the "during" were taken today. I have 10lbs left before I hit my original goal weight, but I think I'll probably end up wanting to lose 5-10+ more once I get there.

I've never posted photos before so hopefully this works.

before:
sideB4.jpg
FrontB4.jpg

during:
2012-09-09141807.jpg
2012-09-09141847.jpg

Replies

• MSimm62385
    Options
    Amazing progress! You're like a completely different person! =D
  • jworb
    Options
    Thanks! still have a ways to go, but I'll get there eventually!! If anyone has any advice for how to keep on track during times of stress I'd appreciate.
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations--You look terrific!
  • jworb
    Options
    Thanks AlessisMore - Most of the weight that's left seems to be hanging around my tummy... I actually have recognizable biceps for the first time since high school
  • anjanettecomer
    Options
    Oh, wow! Yeah, it's noticeable!!
  • MSimm62385
    Options
    I'd think the before and after photos are enough motivation to stay on track. My best motivation has always been to look at the photos where I'm 40 lbs heavier.

Also, are you currently lifting or considering starting? I just ask because I ran into that situation known as "skinny fat" where I hit the healthy BMI I was aiming for but still had a lot of flab around the midsection. The answer out of everyone's mouths was to move away from pure cardio, pick a heavy weightlifting program and stick to it. In the 5 weeks I've been on this program I'm quite happy with the subtle ways my body is starting to shape up!
  • MDeniseMur
    MDeniseMur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Thank you for posting. I am fairly new to MFP and seeing people's transformation keeps me motivated.
    You look marvelous!
  • jworb
    Options
    MSimm - I was doing a QVR weight training class, (which is where the biceps showed up) but can't afford to continue. I'm currently using 30 day shred but with lower weights than I did in class due to the amount of reps they do on the video. I have access to a gym on campus, so I could potentially do more weight training... free weights are a little intimidating without someone telling me what to do though!

Editing to say that I'm hoping to try P90x after I'm done with 30 day shred.
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    huge difference! well done :)
  • MSimm62385
    Options
    I can understand the intimidation. It's what kept me on the weight machines and treadmills for years before I finally gave it a shot. My best advice if you choose to go that route would be to find a program and type those lifts into youtube to look up the proper form. That's how I started, and since then I've had random people come up to me on the weight room floor and give me more advice.

I've never tried the actual P90x myself, but there is one instructor at my gym who bases her class around the way P90x works. It's quite an enjoyable mixture of cardio and resistance training. Hope it works out for you! =D
  • babigirl2009
    Options
    You look great you have really give me some inspiration
  • jworb
    Options
    thanks everyone :) feel free to friend me, by the way - I'm pretty good about commenting and always looking for folks with similar goals!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look great in your progress pics - the only thing missing is a big *kitten* smile!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great job so far. Keep up the great work!
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well done - you look fantastic!!
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    OMG girl....those pics are amazing!!! :drinker: You look so WONDERFUL!! You have changed so much. All that hard work and lots of logging has paid off!! Woot woot, glad to have you as a friend...you're so inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Love seeing success. You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!