about the sugar!

Options
I have my food chart set on the sugar in addition the basic things im counting, and today is the first day i wont go ever i think EVER. Does it matter that im getting the sugar from fruit if im going over?Or is it all the same?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Its ok if you are getting it from fruit just don't go waaaay overboard :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just asked the same question about a week ago. I stay in my calories but go over in sugar because i like candy and sugar stuff, but i didnt get any real exact answers other than i should be getting my calories from good food rather than candy. Thats because i only eat like 1200 a day so they should be nuitritiouse....
    but personally i noticed when my sugar is lower i lose mass around my waist
  • genma1987
    genma1987 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know I personally was shocked at first how much sugar I was taking in on a normal day. But I think the fruit is ok, so long as it's whole fruit and not juice, and not too much over.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    yeah i only eat 1 to 2 fruits a day...never juice. I guess usually i go over around 10-20 grams, but its not anything that i can aviod, i mean i eat yogurt and organic peanut butter those are part of my snacks, and i eat kashi bars usually once a day. i dont know what i can really cut out... but i know i dont want to go over by much cuz sugar stores fat...
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What you eat makes a huge difference. I know in the end sugar is sugar but I have hypoglycemic tendancies and I can tell you from expierence I react a lot different to fruit and natural sugar than I do to candy, treats, and garbage sugar. The main thing is just try to eat complex carbs balanced with protein and get most of your sugar intake from natural healthy sources and things should be a lot better even if you do go over a little bit. At least in my expierence anywayas.
  • imway2fat
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know I'm brand new here but I have some experience with sugar--there's an understatement!--and I've learned several things I'd like to share:
    1. Sugar really is sugar. The body really doesn't differentiate, except that with fruit, vitamins and other nutrients come with it and the body accepts those readily.
    2. I never take any any sugar without taking some protein with it. The protein slows the absorption of the sugar into the body and keeps it from doing the sugar highs and lows.
    3. This was a real headtrip for me: the brain runs on glycogen (sugar) but it really needs a lot less than what I've tried to justify putting into my body!

In the end, I realize that I can't play with sugar--that's MY experience--it just knows how to kick in the doors of my mind and body and take it over! I think sugar is even more dangerous for me than fat--which is like saying juggling sharp meat cleavers is safer for me than, say, lighting a match in a gunpowder shop! Thanks for allowing my two cents! :blushing: