My 9 Month Journey

Options
My first 5k was today.. i ran it in 38.31.. i did NOT do c25k. this was all me. I ran my first ever mile 6/6/12 (ever not even in HS could i run a mile) and i ran my first 5k today 3 months and 3 days later.
in the past 9 months i have lost 60lbs since my highest weight and 58 on MFP. I dropped some of my weight so fast that i didnt have any clothes that fit me correctly for awhile..
in the past 9 months i have gained confidence and respect for my body. I am SOO much happier now... i challenge myself everyday.. I don't say can't anymore because i know i CAN.. my thought of "can't" was all in my head. 9 months ago i would have NEVER thought about running a 5k and yet it happened... 9 months ago i accepted myself and how overweight (classified obese and i still am but im working on that everyday) i was. I look back at pictures of me when i was that heavy and i cry.. i don't know who that person was and i will NEVER EVER see that person again..
Look toward ever little goal.. try your hardest.. and DONT beat yourself up if you make a "mistake"

Replies

• alexandrajane84
    alexandrajane84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this...
    This resonated with me so much this morning and was just the kick in the pants I needed.

Congrats on the 5K! Very inspiring!
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! "Can't" is considered a curse word in my house. I can't wait to be able to do a 5k!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I too ran my first 5k in June and it was so invigorating!! I too look back at older pictures and cry because I can't believe how heavy I was but also because I'm proud of myself for defining a new and better me!! Congrats and keep on pushing!
  • tessex
    tessex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    way to go, congratulations!!:smile: