Never realised I was out of control!!

Options
Hey there

I have been using the app on my phone for a few days and only really got it on a whim.

I have weighed and measured myself this week and hadn't even realised how chunky I had got....eeek!! Let alone the amount of calories that I was eating. I thought I was healthy - or maybe i was telling myself that!!

MFP seems great, hopefully it will help me get past the usual 3 week motivation slump

Anyway Hi

xx Gabi xx

Replies

• banks89202
    Options
    I can sooo understand what your saying, I didn't know how many calories I was eating as well. But this helps me stay on track!
  • TheRealMrsMetro
    TheRealMrsMetro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I could not lose weight to save my life. I log even if I go over my calories for the day. Hang in there!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's always amazing when you log foods you think are good for you and see just how bad they are or how many calories they were taking up from your day. But, the awareness helps you make better decisions in the long run, even after you stop logging or counting calories. The beginning's always the hardest, but hang in there!
  • SandyCheeks2
    SandyCheeks2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was the same way! I knew I was overweight but didnt realize how much and how I actually got there... my the calories I used to eat and the food it was disgusting
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    When I started, I didn't understand portion size. I'm also still amazed at how easy it is to drink a ton of calories daily.