Success with only calorie counting?

Options
I recently injured myself and I'm wondering if there are many people that were successful with only calorie counting? The only exercise I'll be getting is using crutches all day. I'm mostly just concerned with the fact that I've been on this site for almost a month and I've maintained steady weight loss & I don't want this injury to prevent me from losing weight because the last time I hurt my knee, I gained 5 lbs. If you have any advice as far as the simple workouts or if you were successful without exercise, please share!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    First of all, I find using crutches exhausting. They will give you lots of exercise.

Second, yes, of course you can have success. You will have trouble getting toned or maintaining, but almost the whole of weight loss is about calorie restriction.

Third, you can exercise when you're on crutches. Especially weights for upper body. There are many sitting exercises and exercises you can do lying on your back. Just let your poor knee rest.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that walking with crutches is in the exercise list. Burns lots of calories moving that way.

My mother was always a tooth pick, she never worked out, never ate over 1200 cal.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I know several people who only count calories and don't/can't workout. Just make sure you set your setting to sedentary when you do the calculation for how much to eat daily. This is a great time to concentrate on the quality of the food you eat.

Hope you heal well and quickly!
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So far I have been only calorie counting for th most part and it is working very well. That being said I think I am probably getting more exercise then I am crediting myself for. I figure there is a day coming soon when I will need to get after the exercise though!

Mark