Quick questions- MFP terminology...

Options
buzzcockgirl
buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
Forgive me if I sound STUPID... I've only been on MFP for a couple of months, had a question or two that have come up in reading these forum posts. When people "bump" something-- I assume they're 'bumping' it forward-- something they want to reference later. Is that correct? Or is it more of a "fist bump" like, "All right! Yes! High five!" ? And... if it is the former (bumping it forward to reference later), how do you do that? Or better yet, how do I bookmark something I like (a recipe, a workout tip, etc) so I can look at it later? Again, sorry if these ?'s seem easy to figure out... but I haven't been able to do so yet.
Cheers all!

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    BUMP is simply to keep a post current so more members see it and respond to it, bookmarking you could do within your own web browser and welcome :)
  • buzzcockgirl
    Options
    Thanks! I get it now!!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    When you're in the message boards there is a tab called "my topics" - all of the threads you've posted on go there. So if you want to "bookmark" the thread people will just write 'bump" to get it in their "my topics" section
  • buzzcockgirl
    Options
    NOW I understand it! Sweet! Thanks all
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Ttt