HRM's HELP....

Options
Hi! I am doing a lot of cardio on the EFX and some stationery bike, I am not sure the machine is correct when telling me my calories burned. I also would like to do some of the exercise videos available out there, but want to be as accurate of caloric loss as I can. I've seen many people are talking about HRM's and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which one works the best for the money! I don't want to spend a ton of money....under $100 would be GREAT! Thanks for any and all insight you can pass along to me!
carrie

Replies

• Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Polar is one of the better brands out on the market. Most members here have either the FT-4, or the FT-7. The difference between the two is that with the 7, you can upload your workouts to your PC, with the 4 you can't. I have the FT-4, and it does the job for me.
  • sharon1dunne
    Options
    Hi,

I have a Polar HRM and it works well.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it. I got it online for $65 with free shipping. I have no idea if it's close to what a machine would tell me though. I do home workouts and run outside. Hope I helped!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Oh, i bought mine at heartratemonitors.com for $62.99 with FREE shipping.
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7, and I got it on Amazon for about $71. I love it, and I've found that (on average) I burn about 80-100 calories more than my recumbent bicycle tells me I burn.