Unsupportive family and friends...

Options
My husband and my BFF (sigh)

My husband is totally disinterested in anything having to do with fitness or exercise (that used to apply to us both) and my BFF *is* interested but only superficially. So I can't talk to my husband about my journey to get fit because although he TRIES, he gets annoyed and bored with it. My BFF is SUPERBLY jealous and I am literally afraid to even tell her I went to the gym that day, nevermind talk to her about what she calls "my obsession".

In my heart, I know I can't remove either one of them from my life so I have to save my obsessing for y'all and spare myself the rejection I feel from them when his eyes glaze over and she gets snotty with jealousy - and rejected is exactly how I feel when that happens!

UGH!

Replies

• freestone1
    Options
    awww thats so hard but guess you have to do what you want to make you feel good and try not to worri about them i have a great friend for suport but she is way tinyer than me and it hurts but im trying and if you want a friend add me we can support each other :)
  • chellie346
    chellie346 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    alot of us have to go through that hard part with family and friends of them not understanding. My husband supports but isn't very helpful thats why I love having myfitnesspal to help me through this. Seems like the more people ralleying with me the easier it is to stay strong and make the best choices.