low or no carb ideas?

Options
Okay, so the only success I've ever had with weight loss is low carb, and I'm doing it again. I need some recipes or ideas That are CHEAP, and I'm not too concerned with calories or sodium, just that they have little or no carbs! Thanks!

Replies

• wljr02
    Options
    I do low carb and low calorie, I pretty much exist on eggs, chicken breast, lean pork chops, fish and veggies sauteed in olive oil. I let myself have almonds or peanut butter as a snack.....try to stick to the "good" kinds of fats found in these foods. I did low carb the high calorie way several years ago and gained it all back. I think it is just as important to really try to change the way you eat, too. Good luck to you on your journey!!
  • kwawrin73
    Options
    This is what I am doing now, have you been successful? According to your tracker it seems so. Hw long has it taken you to slim down? Any other advise you can offer?

:tongue:
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, natural oils, nuts, seeds

Limited dairy, very limited grains (and high fiber choices at that), the occasional fruit indulgence.

I'm getting back into low carb (high fat, mod protein). I gave it up for a couple months and felt like crap. There's something about it that just clicks with me. I really like following the guidelines in the "Protein Power" life plan by the Drs. Eades. It's a little less stringent than Atkins and emphasizes whole food choices versus pre-made low carb stuff.
  • jwilli
    jwilli Posts: 26
    Options
    I used to eat "breadless sandwich" for lunch. but it was so depressing. now I make "hor derves" using tooth pics with meat, cheese, pickles, olives, pickled okra, grape tomatoes, onions, etc. sometimes with mustard make them ahead of time and have a side salad and you wont miss the bread.

oh also find a sale on frozen veggies steam bags and stock up. I use this at work then add meat (chicken, turkey kielbasa, shrimp work well) and sauce . So far i have tried it with spaghetti sauce, thai peanut sauce, korean sauce, alfredo sauce, lemon butter sauce, etc. I eat the entire bag of veggies, Its a filling quick delicious low (not zero) carb meal. My favorite is meaty spaghetti sauce over broccili/cauliflower combo.
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    Oooh and I forgot - a fast low carb snack is the crustless quiche cup.

8 eggs, beaten w/whisk
    1/2 green or red bell pepper, diced
    1 small onion, diced
    ham or other meat of choice, diced - about 1/2-3/4 cup.

Mix all the above and pour into a lightly greased cupcake pan. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until brownish on edges.

These keep well in the fridge for re-heating later in the week. Awesome breakfast idea. A serving is 2-3 of the cups.
  • jwilli
    jwilli Posts: 26
    Options
    i like the quiche idea. another lunch i thought of is tuna/chicken salad using celery to dip it.
  • rlslpn
    rlslpn Posts: 5
    Options
    If you want some great low carb recipes then check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. This is someone who loves to cook and had gastric bypass surgery. Her recipes are great. Try the stuffed peppers they are to die for!!!! Even my family loves her recipes. And it is free. Hope you enjoy.:flowerforyou: