Smacking chocolate sweets in the face!

Options
So we've been working extra hard here at work. We just finished counting our inventory of our warehouse and what do our bosses do for us for a reward? They get us amazing doughnuts for breakfast, greasy wonderful Pizza Hut for lunch... and on top of it, the people who print our catalog came by with a GIGANTIC bucket of chocolate-covered pretzels.

While I was able to dodge the BIG no-no's, I'm afraid I still fell prey to the pretzels. I love those pretzels. Well I ate quite a few of them and punched that into MFP's calorie counter... Yeah, 890 calories right there :noway: :grumble: :angry: . :explode: :explode: :explode:

So what did I do? I went to the gym and ran for nearly 7 miles on the Elliptical trainer (something I've never been able to do) and burnt off 900 calories. My brethern, I tell you, I was working my tail off. :drinker:

I'm still on the beautiful slope to weight loss and no stinkin' pretzels are going to stand in my way!! HAHA!

Merry Christmas everyone! Stay active!

256580.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!

You must have been on that elliptical for a looooooong time
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! I fell to the Oh so yummy Lindt Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles. about 75 cals per truffle!!!! I had 5!!!! needless to say I'll be busting my tush when I get home from work today!!!!
  • fifrenzyguy34
    fifrenzyguy34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It was like an hour and 10 minutes. I was a sweaty mess. ;-) Haha!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Dang - 900 calories! Wow - that is awesome!! Good for you! ... I LOVE :love: chocolate covered pretzels too!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    That's the way to do. Good for you. :flowerforyou:
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    oh man! kudos to you for working it off!

i fell victim to a bag of hershey kisses last night-- 20 min til midnight. I ate half the bag. I am ashamed to admit. I probably actually ate more than half the bag.

I have lots of work to do today. Uggh. Today is a new day. But, I know that I just can't have that stuff around me--- it's literally an addiction! :)
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Way to stick with it! I admire your determination, even with that evil chocolate in the office. I've taken to actually talking to cakes & sweets my coworkers leave out in the kitchen. I once got caught looking at piece of chocolate mousse cake and saying "NO" very forcefully; that was had to explain to the team from our Tokyo office, let me tell you!

Thanks for the shot in the arm. :smooched: We can do this!
  • fifrenzyguy34
    fifrenzyguy34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious!

The Japanese love chocolate. In fact, they give it to their children before a test. The candy bar Kit-Kat is close to the Japanese word kito kato (meaning good luck) so before big tests they like to nibble the sweets. They're probably thinking, "What is wrong with this woman?" haha!! A silly as we may look, we're going to feel great once we've worked off the "result" of saying yes to chocolate. haha.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Oh no!!! We're going to Japan next year! I didn't know they liked chocolate so much-- uh oh! At least I'll be prepared mentally now... haha. You learn something new everyday.
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just did a post saying that we have a big bucket of chocolate mini's in the office and yes i have been weak but everytime i eat one and i only eat the dark choc, i run the stairs. So far i have been from the 1-3 five times today and the day is not over!!! So i understand completly. I run not walk up/down the stairs. That is hard work!!! Bo oh well, it happens.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!