100 lbs down thanks to MyFitnessPal!

Options
This is the best place to make good positive friends that will help you through your weight loss journey.

This is straight from my blog:

:sad: http://www.makefatcry.com

Hi my name is April Thompson. I am a regular person, just like you. I’m not a movie star. I’m not trying to be President. I’m a wife and a mother who has trials and triumphs every single day. If you saw me and talked to me today, you would think that I’m a fitness nut. Well maybe I am, but I haven’t always been that way.

As a kid, I was pretty happy, but the divorce of my parents left me feeling a little hollow and empty. I turned to food for comfort. It was an easy choice. Every time I ate it, I felt better. I would feel full. I wasn’t obese, but I was bigger than most other little girls and was teased about it. I told myself it didn’t matter, but I knew inside that it really did.

When I entered Jr. High, I discovered that I had some athletic ability. I played various sports all through my teens and even won myself a spot on a college team. Throughout this time, my fitness fluctuated. Sometimes I felt strong and athletic, other times I felt like a couch potato. Even though I was exercising, my eating habits were crap. Not that I ate crap, but it might as well have been. Even when I was on my college track team my diet was terrible.

I decided to quit school and go to work for a few years. At this time, I was in pretty good shape. I went Latin dancing twice a week, played volleyball regularly, went snowboarding and was overall active. My diet was okay but my physical activity made up the difference. (Plus, I was young, and a young body can handle dietary neglect!)

Then, something wonderful happened. I met Joshua, the man who is now my husband, and he changed my world. Most of the changes were great, but…well…I’m not going to blame my weight issues on my husband, however he was an integral part of them. I adopted many of his HORRIBLE eating habits, and bit by bit, they added up to me being UNHEALTHY.

Through the next 8 years, I had 3 beautiful daughters (Marlie, Addie, and Aynslie), supported Josh through graduate school, and managed our apartment complex among other things. If I was treating my body the way I should have, it could have handled the stress. But because my fitness and eating habits were terrible, I topped the scale at 269 pounds!

You heard me right.

Outside I seemed happy but inside I was sad. I hated looking in the mirror especially when I was naked, yuck! I felt trapped in a huge body with the brain of an athlete. Not only that, I had pre-diabetic blood sugar levels.
What was I going to do about it though? I started where many start: with a few fad diets. I tried HCG, Body for Life, South Beach and Weight Watchers. As fad diets always are, these diets were a temporary fix. I would lose weight, but eventually, like the proverbial cat: it came back.

In October 2011, I began the journey of weight loss that will forever change my life. It started small with little changes. It didn’t happen all at once. Slowly, I was making the changes that my body needed to become fit. It wasn’t easy.

It was hard.

Let me say that again.

It was hard.

But, most things that are worth it are hard, especially at first. Change is hard, but it has been SO WORTH IT!

I am no longer happy on the outside and sad on the inside. Now I’m happy everywhere. Some days are still hard, but I look at where I’ve been and I think “I can do this‼”

I’m so grateful for the knowledge and experience I have gained through my struggle to lose weight. I feel blessed to have escaped the clutches of diabetes. I know what it’s like to struggle for so many years and then to succeed.

I am a lover of people. I’m so sensitive to the pain of others and when it comes to weight loss I know that it’s not easy. I am here to help and inspire you. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss but its important to remember that MFP didnt do anything. YOU did. You lost that weight through hard work and dedication, MFP didnt do it for you. Be sure to give yourself credit. But awesome job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!