No I'm not pregnant!!

Options

Replies

• jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! I never ask unless someone tells me or I see the baby coming out. Seriously. I've been asked before and it stinks! You never want to insult someone if they're not and you don't know their situation. That's awful. Hugs!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Don't ever give up. Some people really shouldn't ever speak!!! :mad:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    ...or I see the baby coming out.

By then...it's probably safe to ask! :laugh:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get to you! You are losing weight and you need to be proud of that! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there!

Obviously with my username on here, I used to look pregnant, I'm 51 years old and had a lot of people stare at me when I was out with my gray-haired husband. lol After 6 months on MFP, a lot of exercise, tweaking of my diet, etc., I have lost 40lbs and still have 15 to go but I'll get there in time. I'd say I look like I'm about 3 mths along now instead of 7. LOL

YOU CAN DO THIS! Don't give up! <hugs>
  • jenlovespsu
    Options
    I've gotten this question before too...I know how upsetting it is!! Just remember to stay positive and focus on how far you've come...you look great!!!
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry!! I am always afraid I'll get asked that question ... then again I have posture issues. It is one of those questions though, you just don't do it.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Due to gaining weight and complications from surgery that left me with three huge abdominal hernias I got this comment for years! Even people far bigger than me would say that. In March, after having surgery, I forced myself to go out for a day with my mom. I had a clerk in a gift shop say 'Oh, you are about to drop!' Even after I explained that I am not pregnant, she kept on saying things like 'Oh, you look like you are, and carrying LOW, I bet you get that all the time though. Oh, are you sure you don't have a tumor, a friend of mine had ovarian cancer and her belly blew up like that before she died..' I felt like going home and never going out again. Don't let it get you down. You are doing great!
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yeah it always pisses me off when someone asks me when I'm due :grumble: and it bothers me for awhile but you are doing amazing!!! Try to focus on that and yeah i agree they may just be looking for another pay day as they are a daycare :huh:

Note: The only time I don't mind is when I'm on the subway or bus and someone offers me their seat cuz they think I'm expecting, they don't ask if I'm pregnant but they ask if I would like to sit down (with other obese people on the bus not getting the offer I have to assume it's cuz they thing I'm preggers) - then I politely decline but I'm glad that people would be kind enough to do that for any woman and so it makes me smile :happy:
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Uugh! People are so rude! I am so sorry this happened to you. Ignore those comments and fight that urge to give up-you have lost over 40 pounds and should be super proud of that!! This happened to me shorlty after I had my 2nd child-the person who asked me was someone I felt comfortable asking 'why did you ask me that' and she told me it was the clothes that I was wearing. She said my top looke like one of those maternity tops. I gave that top away! Keep up the good work!!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE!!!!! Keep up the good work...people say some of the dumbest things when they are dumb!!!
  • teach868
    Options
    Don't give up!!! I had a patient ask me that at work the other night...he of course apologized for the rest of my shift anytime I saw him. Don't let others get you down. It looks like you have been quite successful so far, keep it up!!!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I know it has upset me but I'm going to take that anger and use it to re focus on my goals and keep on losing.
  • lydiatina
    Options
    well done fi,thats the attitude..
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    did you reply, "no, but I don't have to ask you if you have any tact, you obviously don't"
    don't let it get you down, you are doing great.
  • bariatricbadass
    Options
    My friend had the same thing happen recently.. Her boyfriend had the best reply.

One of the kids she babysits asked her if she had a baby in my belly because it is "SO BIG!!!" and her boyfriend said "I'd say "no, but I'm hungry for one!" and then chase after the kid while walking like Frankenstein and groaning loudly."

hahaha

I also have said when asked the question "No, but the night is young." then I wink seductively and walk away. lol
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't give up just because other people are stupid! You can't fix their stupidity. The only person you have control over is you and from the sounds of things, you are doing everything right.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people say the dumbest things without even realizing how dumb it is. Don't let it deter you. You're doing great. Keep pushing forward and you will reach your goals :)
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    It was the other way round for me, I was so big that when I was pregnant people didnt ask either because they thought I was just fat or they couldnt tell.

You have lost soooo much already. Dont let this comment derail you. Use it to keep going and to reach your goal.

^^^^ This same thing happened to me! Keep on truckin' you will get there! You are doing fabulous!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Stay strong, and when you lose the weight just be proud!
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My adopted mom always used to tell me to never ask a woman if she's pregnant. You never know if it's just weight. Plus, if she wants you to know, she'll tell you.