Half Marathon Pacing & Taper Strategies?

Options
So despite a stupid non-running-related back muscle strain 3 weeks ago (involved a Schnauzer a skunk and a futon mattress) that cost me a 5K I wanted to run and a few days off, I think I am ready. My race is the Women's Half here in Nashville on the 22nd so entering the two weeks to go point.

I have been training a very hilly course for all my long runs (elevation gain/loss of around 650 ft). Ran 13.1 8/18 in 1:59 (never looked at my watch; just ran). I had a really good 11-mile run yesterday in 1:39. I was supposed to run 10 but it was so nice to have a break in the heat and humidity I couldn't help myself and added another mile. I logged 24 miles this past week (moved my long run to yesterday). I would like to break 2 hours in this race, but of course most importantly is have fun, finish, and don't get hurt.

On the taper, a couple questions. I have a few training guides and looking at the schedules to get a rough idea of how far to drop this week and race week. Most say taper down to about 18 or 19 miles a week and only 2 runs the week of the race, usually Monday and Wednesday that I can find.

1. We are going to Knoxville to see our kids and a football game for the weekend. I am not sure I can get in the final long run of 8 on Saturday or Sunday. If not, should I run it this Friday or push it to Monday or does it matter?
2. Do you advocate a short run to avoid "dead legs" the day before or do you rest?

On pacing, also two questions:

1. The race offers pacing groups through Nashville Striders. They have 1:50, 2:00 and 2:15, I think it is. I am not sure if I should use a pacing group and if so which speed. The course is a lot flatter than I've been training, with elevation gain overall of around 300 feet and the last 4 miles all decreasing in elevation (yay). If it matters, I've been doing my homework with hydration and fuel and I will be self-sufficient and not need to stop at water/GU stations.

2. Also on pacing, what's your personal strategy/suggestion? Start out at pace, start out slow (assuming you don't use a pacer). I tend to run pretty consistently or negative splits unless there's a lot of hills in the run. I have no idea what I'll do with the adrenalin, etc., of the half and all the bands and things along the way. I've run a lot of 5ks and one 10K so far so this is new territory for me.

Any suggestions appreciated. I am soooooo excited to be at this point in my running journey.