I'm so sick of toast

Options
I have my breakfast at work everyday and all I really have is toast, because its convenient and the kitchen at work isn't really kitted out for cooking. I'm not really a cereal fan, so my options are slim. Does anybody have any ideas for low fat breakfasts?
We have a microwave and a toaster at work and that's it!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Can you bring a breakfast from home and microwave it?
    Can you eat breakfast at home before work?
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    poriddge? I know you said you dont like cereal but its not Quite the same. Or scrambled eggs on toast, or poached eggs?

yoghurt and fruit with oats?
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast at the moment is,
    Handful of blueberries (which i freeze and by the time i get to work they have defrosted)
    Muller light greek style yoghurt - coconut flavor
    Two tablespoons of sunflower seeds

Its less that 200 calories and delicious :)
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Fruit. Cheese and crackers. Smoothie.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    I only have very very few carbs, so I can't help you there. It takes me about 2-3 minutes to cook me up a couple eggs, and microwave some bacon. That's what I usually have. Or a Body By Vi Protein shake.
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Nutrigrain cereal bar (120 cal) or the Kellogg's pastry crisp are really good, the are 100 calories. I eat at work also and these are usually a good start. I do have a snack about 10 so they don't hold me over for too long. Hope that helps.
  • malayabee
    Options
    I make eggs in muffin tins a lot... The re-heat in the microwave really well. Scramble some eggs (or use the liquid stuff), and mix in whatever veggies, meats, and cheeses you like. Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake until the eggs are set. Kind of like tiny little omelettes.

Oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, egg sandwiches, PB&J... All would be portable, and tasty!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I always boil several eggs for the week and have microwavable turkey sausage so ill put a boiled egg and two pieces of sausage in a sandwich bag so I can grab and go and just pop in the microwave at work for 1 min.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bagel or english muffin will change it up a bit. Adding some peanut or almond butter (high in GOOD fats). Low sugar/all fruit jam. Oatmeal can be made in the microwave. Eggs can be cooked in the microwave too. Yogurt parfait. Or simply non traditional breakfast foods.
  • addaline22
    Options
    apples, bannanas, guava, cheese wedges with any of those, protien shake.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt w/ fresh berries
    Egg Sandwich (precook eggs at home for the whole week), toast the bread at work and head the egg/cheese/meat in the microwave...for fun add Sriracha sauce
    Large batch of steel cut oats with whatever you like in them. Store in individual portions and microwave at work.
    Leftovers from dinner
    Fruit/Vegetable/Protein smoothies
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    If I even looked at toast, I would gain weight. I use protein shakes or eggs for breakfast. Along with one of those I have a tomato or a small piece of fruit. Occasionally I will have greek yogurt with berries.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything for breakfast. It doesn't have to be "typical breakfast food". You could eat spaghetti. You could have some steak. You could have that chicken and broccoli you had for dinner the night before. Meals should never be boring.
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bring a banana and a jar of peanut butter along with your bread. My favorite bread for toast is Brownberry Oat bread. Full of fiber, lots of texture and flavor and very filling. Put a little peanut butter on the toast and slice up a banana on top. Delicious and a nice change up from plain buttered toast. It's also really filling and full of potassium, good fats and sugars. :)

You could alternate days with yogurt. Yogurt is good for breakfast. I used to like buying plain vanilla yogurt, granola and fruit and making a parfait. Can't anymore because yogurt tends to hurt my stomach, but it was really good.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I make eggs in muffin tins a lot... The re-heat in the microwave really well. Scramble some eggs (or use the liquid stuff), and mix in whatever veggies, meats, and cheeses you like. Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake until the eggs are set. Kind of like tiny little omelettes.

Oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, egg sandwiches, PB&J... All would be portable, and tasty!

This
  • keithabramo
    Options
    You can prepare your breakfast before work. Other options include a homemade fruit smoothy with some hardboiled egg whites mix some flax seed oil in that smoothy and you got your carbs/healthy fats/proteins all rolled into a low fat healthy delicious breakfast. :smile:
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I take to work fruit and fat free yoghurt in a tupperware. In the winter would take porridge to microwave.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I sometimes bring yogurt with granola and fruit.

Or, I make a spinach & mushroom omelette the night before and heat up in the microwave (you can put whatever veggies you want).
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    Breakfast burrito: scrambled egg in the microwave wrapped in a tortilla.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I like to make my breakfasts for the week on Sunday. I make a huge batch of steel cut oats (with toppings, like fruit or cinnamon), oatmeal bakes, muffins, whatever I feel like eating that week. I portion them out into individual containers, then I just grab one and go each morning. Microwave it at work for a minute, and I'm set. It's made breakfast a lot easier for me!

I try to do the same thing for lunches too.