Workouts like Insanity (but easier for asthmatics)

Options
Hey Everybody! I attempted to start Insanity today, but after 10 minutes on the fit test my asthma kicked in. I couldn't breath (I haven't had an attack this bad in a while), I almost passed out and my whole face (especially my nose) is numb. Im not making excuses, This is really killing me because I really wanted to do Insanity but when it comes to my asthma I know my limits. Are there any other workouts like Insanity that would be easier for an asthmatic, but still give the same results? I had no problem with 30 day shred or tae bo, but after a while those get boring.

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the workout but just watched the video but TapoutX seems to not be as hardcore cardio as Insanity. Again, I have not done TapoutX but just from the reviews I have read.
  • insofaras
    insofaras Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jillian's Ripped in 30 is great, if you enjoyed 30 day shred you will enjoy this one as well.
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Can you use your puffer a bit before to cut it off at the pass?

Also, yoga and swimming are amazing for developing breathing capacity.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by 'like insanity'. If you want something that has lots of routines and is cardio based then you could try Turbofire but you may have the same problem. Do you want to concentrate then more in strength training? If so, you could do Charlean Extreme. Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is in the middle.