Things I'll never do to weigh X amount or be X% BF

Options
1. workout for more than an hour a day, every day

2. forego fancy restaurants (occasionally)

3. give up froyo

4. Eat less than 1600 calories a day (on average)

5. be HUNGRY

**I've done all of the above...but now more than ever I realize that the scale, calipers, and even the tape measure do not define me. I am so much more than what my body looks like.

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, too many people do not educate themselves on the basic principles of nutrition and exercise prior to drastically changing their dietary and exercise habits. They do not understand what RMR, energy expenditure and TDEE means; They don't even know what their maintenance range is to allow them to set a more appropriate deficit; When scale weight goes up by 2 lbs the next day after lifting weights, they freak out and think it's fat gain even though they ate well below maintenance range; As they continue to reduce body fat, they increase the deficit even further; etc..

The point is, educate yourself before starting a fat loss intervention and the journey will be far less stressful without all the anxiety.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I could never only workout for an hour most days........I like being more active than that. But that's just me.
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I could never only workout for an hour most days........I like being more active than that. But that's just me.

Being active and working out are quite different to some people. I love being active and having fun, but dedicated workouts ..... That's another story :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Unfortunately, too many people do not educate themselves on the basic principles of nutrition and exercise prior to drastically changing their dietary and exercise habits. They do not understand what RMR, energy expenditure and TDEE means; They don't even know what their maintenance range is to allow them to set a more appropriate deficit; When scale weight goes up by 2 lbs the next day after lifting weights, they freak out and think it's fat gain even though they ate well below maintenance range; As they continue to reduce body fat, they increase the deficit even further; etc..

The point is, educate yourself before starting a fat loss intervention and the journey will be far less stressful without all the anxiety.

I know quite a lot about all of the above. I just wanted to maintain a 12% bodyfat regardless of the impact on my health and to do so I'd run 60-70 miles a week, lift weights, walk everywhere, and even restrict my calories (maybe eating 2000 during that time which is obviously not enough and I knew that then). I just wasn't willing to change at the expense of compromising the body that I worked so hard for).
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to give up froyo!!!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I will never go to Olive Garden without eating their garlic breadsticks, Logan's without eating their yeast rolls, any Mexican restaurant without eating chips and salsa, and will never, ever, ever turn down a piece of birthday cake. And I ask for a piece with a great big flower made of frosting on it. :love:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I will never skip family functions or special meals in order to "stay on my diet." I will never stop ordering pizza when I don't feel like cooking. I will never pass on birthday cake. I will never give up carbs!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I will never skip family functions or special meals in order to "stay on my diet." I will never stop ordering pizza when I don't feel like cooking. I will never pass on birthday cake. I will never give up carbs!

Love it <3
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Go to bed hungry.
    Not eat dessert after diner
    Panic for normal weight fluctuations.
    Stop heavy lifting because I fear the bulk.
    Eating pizza and burger.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    **I've done all of the above...but now more than ever I realize that the scale, calipers, and even the tape measure do not define me. I am so much more than what my body looks like.

Great stuff.

You've reached the other side. Happiness is your reward ;)
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options
    Great topic. I haven't really thought about what this would be for me, but I will now

P.S. loving the birthday cake comments!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I will never skip ice cream on Saturday's with my boys.

ETA: Oh, and cake is a given. However, if it's crappy cake I will FULLY use "training" as an excuse not to eat it. Because life is also too short to eat crappy cake or worse... crappy buttercream.

ETAA: I will never make "low-cal" baked goods. EVER.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options

What Jac said. I <3 working out and I do it for 2-3 hours/day.
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options

THIS! :drinker:

I will also not skip going out on the weekends with friends or the occasional drink every now and then :wink:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'll never forgo going out to eat with my boyfriend for date nights. Oh and the occasional alcoholic drink. I will never stop baking permanently, I'll just make low calorie recipes. :)
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Drinking Beer :)
  • BattyMac87
    BattyMac87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will never stop eating out, enjoying good red wine or all the other happy social occasions that surround food.

Food is to be enjoyed, once you have a positive relationship with it and are kind to your body, you should never feel that you are going without.

I don’t EVER go without! I just make sure I get extra exercise in if I want a treat! Simple…
  • sbbc09
    Options
    THIS. All of it. And chocolate ice cream. And beer. And pizza. Deprivation usually leads to an empty pizza box or half a pint of Haagen Dazs in 5 minutes.

Eat the damn cake!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I will never give up ... anything

I will never give up sushi night, pizza night, bar night, fright night, wine and cheese night ... you get the picture

I will never give up reminding myself that a failure to reach today's goal does not keep me from working toward tomorrow's.

I will never give up.

All things in moderation.
    Live hard, love hard, play hard, work hard.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    THANKSGIVING DINNER!!!

(or the crazy weekend I just had in Vegas)