Low Calorie Caffeine Drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Forgive me for necro'ing an old thread. I found this through a google search so I thought I'd take a shot at asking a few questions instead of creating a new one on this subject.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. My pick me up needs to be in the morning as I'm not a morning person and kiddos are going back to school in the next week.

I'm a reformed tea addict and have nothing but Lemon, Cucumber water for 3 months +. I do need that OOMPH from caffeine but unsure what do take due to trying to stay clean 5-6 days of the week.

The answers here have given me an idea but what is best?
    I just posted this on the other thread about new low calorie finds but it applies to this post too.....try Lipton Tea & Honey packets in your water. Only 5-10 cals with as much caffenine as a cup of coffee.

This wouldn't be too bad and with the packets I wouldn't have to fix a big pitcher of tea and be tempted to drink it through out the day instead of water.

I don't like coffee at all.
    If your looking for a drink, I like rockstars once in a while. I get the no sugar no carbs one, its only 10 calories and 60 mg of sodium and gives me a good boost when I need it.

This seems great. DH loves the lemonade one and drinks it most often instead of 5 hr energy, Monster & Red Bull. I'm just wondering if the "other" ingredients in it is a healthy way to go.?
    V8 Fusion + Energy has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Also counts as a serving of fruit/vegetable. Yum.
    (and it's only 50 calories)

This also seems like a good viable solution. But is 50 cal better than 10 from Rockstars? Would the veggies from this negate the extra calories and be worth it?

OR should I just stick with B12 vitamins with Methylocobalamin? Would that be better since there's 0 calories?

Thank you for any advise!

~Ash
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    careful of the sodium in typical energy drinks
  • Mathlete22
    Mathlete22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    V8 Fusion +Energy Peach mango 50 calories
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Coffee of course
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Stok Coffee Shot.

10 calories.
    Very strong.

Bs5KAfI.png

You can find them at 711.
  • alcrisp93
    alcrisp93 Posts: 70
    Options
    I work in a coffee shop and spend a lot of time customizing people's drinks so that they can get the caffeine (and flavor) they want for the caloric budget they have. If you want the caffeine of coffee (lighter roasts have more caffeine than darker roasts, by the way, contrary to popular belief) but can't drink it black, almond milk is a good alternative to dairy milk and creamer. The unsweetened varieties can have as low as 20-30 calories/8oz. If you like flavors like vanilla, chocolate, etc, there are sugar free syrups available. Many can be bought at common stores like Walmart. (If you're looking for something different than a small bottle of Davinci, you might have to go somewhere a little more specialized).

I have a 16oz almond milk latte or two on a lot of my shifts, and they cost me about 75-90 calories each, depending on whether I add honey.
  • chrissytrex
    chrissytrex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found a good link that provides the caffeine content of some low-cal energy drinks if you're not a fan of plain coffee or tea.
    http://www.caffeineinformer.com/sugar-free-energy-drink-chart
    This site also has great caffeine info on a LOT of food and drinks, I just wish they also listed the calories so I didn't have to do another search for each item to find the caloric content.
    If you like coffee but just not black coffee, here's a table that shows the caffeine-calories relationship for types of coffee drinks
    http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/caffeine-and-calories/

(just remember that that 'iced coffee' at the bottom right is a black iced coffee - which seems odd but is actually really good when made from good quality coffee, IMO)
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I now sweeten mine with 12 drops of hazelnut flavored liquid stevia, plus about 1/4 cup almond milk.

I do not recommend caffeine pills. I got very addicted to energy supplements I got from GNC; if I didn't take them I got awful headaches, and sometimes I got headaches even when I had them. I went cold turkey without them 2 years ago, and the withdrawal sucked! Now I just have coffee (mainly on weekends) or occasionally soda as a pick-me-up.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Every afternoon I find myself needing a caffeine boost, but I don't like to drink diet sodas. Any suggestions?

Coffee...Just regular coffee black. Buy good beans and don't use water that is too hot and it will never be bitter or burnt. Coffee should have a slight acidic taste to it but never be bitter.