Jeans?

Options
13»

Replies

• miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've lost 129 lbs since last October (not sure why my ticker updated). Anyway, it's starting to get cool here and I have no jeans that fit. If I find a pair that fit well everywhere else, they're too long. Before I didn't care what I looked like and honestly couldn't even fit into a pair of jeans, but I wanna look hot this fall!! I'm currently a size 18-20, but I'm still losing weight so I don't want to spend a huge amount on new jeans. Any ideas ladies? Where do you buy your jeans?

If you have a Dots where you are, they have some reasonable jeans that look great on any figure! JCP and Kohl's also have nice and reasonable jeans. Congrats to you! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ALLOY
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Salvation Army and Goodwill. People are constantly expanding, so it's not hard to find skinny jeans. :wink: I got a pair of killer skinny's ( which I would never go out and buy brandnew) for 5 bucks. No wear on them. Sometimes you can just hit the jackpot.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I recently got a pair at Old Navy (online in the plus section) and looooooove them. Not too pricy either.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would go to Wal-mart, JCP, or Gordman's.

You can find jeans on sale at wal-mart/JCP for 10 dollars and they aren't bad! I share the same philosophy, I want to save my money to go on a shopping spree when I reach goal weight, so until then I wont be buying anything expensive.

If you are willing to spend a bit more and get some really good jeans at a great discount at Gordmans! You can always find jeans there for 19-24 dollars, and they are all great quality/designer.

I love that store. :)
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores, definitely. Also, if they're too long, you can easily hem them yourself without it looking like your grandma did it, lol. It's easy enough with a needle & thread if you don't have a sewing machine, too:

http://refashionmama.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/alteration-my-new-favorite-way-to-keep-original-hem-on-jeans/
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I get good deals at outlet malls and resale shops. Are you buying juniors jeans currently? They tend to be cut narrower in the hips, so that could cause the too long with proper fitting hip problem. Honestly, though, every brand I try on fits differently. My two favorite pairs right now are NY&C, got them for $25 each at the outlet store.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and I like to buy expensive jeans at torrid. They're about $50, but you can get them in "short", which is nice. Hemming is such a small problem and so easy to fix, if you find jeans that are great about everything other than length get them hemmed. $10 at most.

I second this, If you find a pair that makes you look hot and fits great, why not just get the hemmed. It"s not expensive and some do such a good job you can't even tell.
    I like old navy, good price points nice syles :)