Do you find newly acquired weight is easily lost?

Options
Do you find that when you've gotten off track and gained back a few pounds it comes off pretty easily once you get back on track? I've always figured newly gained weight is easier to lose...am I right or delusional? :)

I've been eating like crap for the past few weeks, and my weight is up 5 pounds or so. According to my calorie intake, at least a couple pounds of that is probably actual fat.

Replies

• BamaRose0107
    Options
    Your not delusional. Well if you are then I am too. I see the thing happen to me when I get off track. I just figure its water weight and if there is a pound or two that is fat that can be taken care of by just stepping up workouts and making sure I am eating right.
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    I read on a post yesterday that we can only absorb so many cals in one setting, and whatever that point is, everything else gets flushed out. Maybe that's why it seems we can lose it faster? we really didnt put on as much as we thought?
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're crazy at all. I think I actually read somewhere on here (in a thread) recently that new fat is easier to get rid of than old fat.

I compare it in my mind to messy spills on the kitchen counter. If it's fresh it's pretty easy to wipe away with a washcloth. But if it's been sitting a while, you have to give it some more elbow grease and really chip away at it.

:)
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're crazy at all. I think I actually read somewhere on here (in a thread) recently that new fat is easier to get rid of than old fat.

I compare it in my mind to messy spills on the kitchen counter. If it's fresh it's pretty easy to wipe away with a washcloth. But if it's been sitting a while, you have to give it some more elbow grease and really chip away at it.

:)

exactly how I picture it lol. I find it the same. It's getting cold now so I'm binging a bit then going healthy again I have maintained a similar weight +/- 1 or 2 pounds for a month now without using the record diary. It's great because if you shoot up 2 pound you canter them straight back off. I'm waiting till after Christmas to go for the final 5 pounds.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier. I don't have any scientific explanation, but after losing that previous weight, you know what you have to do and eat to get it off. It probably isn't as much of a struggle.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    All I know is that this "old fat" I've been carrying for 30 years is REALLY hard to get rid of. :sad:
    Note to youngsters out there!:grumble:
    Lose it while you're young. My mother was right. It's awful to lose it later in life because now my skin is all stretched out & icky. :sad:
    So even though my weight is heading toward a healthier number, I look worse. :grumble:
  • ChristineL
    Options
    That has always been my experience as well. My doc also says the last place you gain is the first place you lose--and I have found that to be true as well.
  • ImGoinDown
    Options
    Yes, it is!
    I went up to 183 (from 176) this Monday. Here it is Saturday and I'm back down to 176.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    That has always been my experience as well. My doc also says the last place you gain is the first place you lose--and I have found that to be true as well.

My doctor said the same thing. The new fat is closer to the exit.....something about it being more easily transported out of the body because it has not settled in.

I can look at old pix of when I was 122 and see the tummy starting, the legs at the upper thigh............at 132 way back then, I could see big belly, arms still thin looking. Now I am struggling to get from 132 to 122..........:blushing: not really struggling as not eating the way I will have to lose that last 10.

If I can find the article on losing the most recent weight quicker, I will post it later. It had an excellent explanation!.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie