Dissapointed

Options
I've been on a healthy diet for the past three months and have only lost about 12 pounds.
Not to mention that I've been working out 5-6 times a week and I haven't lost any more
weight. Is this normal? What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    12 pounds in 12 weeks isn't bad at all.
  • machuril
    machuril Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You should measure your waistline, etc. because you have probably been gaining muscle mass that weighs more than fat, but takes up less space.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Have you lost inches? I took a peek at your profile and for your start weight weight 12 pounds is not a tiny number. Just remember that these things to take time and sometimes the less you have to lose the harder it is to lose. You can also look at your diet plan and see if maybe it needs to be adjusted, I have had to do this many times during my journey. Just keep at it and if you need some suggestions it might help if we had more details about your program. I have noticed on here that more people can offer help if they know a little bit more about the plan. Good Luck! And be proud of losing 12 pounds!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell for me without knowing your starting height (180 pounds is very different on someone 5'8" than it is on someone who is 5'2") but if you're average height, 12 pounds in 12 weeks is a big accomplishment! You should be proud! I also agree that you should measure inches- you may be pleasantly surprised!

I wanted to also say... I'm 5'7" and started actively trying to lose weight at 165.8 pounds three and a half weeks ago. I've lost 7.4 pounds since then- but I also eat 1400 calories per day (on average). I suppose it's possible that you're not eating enough food, so the weight is clinging on. The alternative is that you're eating more calories than you should be. I know you mentioned you're on a healthy diet- but you can still be consuming too many calories of good food.

I'm not saying that your diet is the problem or that you should eat more or fewer calories because I don't know your height and how you're eating. Just thought I'd throw out some ideas...

:)

Congrats on the 12 pound loss though! That's awesome.
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    12 pounds in 12 weeks is GREAT! Think if you lost 1lb a week you'd be 56 pounds lighter in a year. It takes time to get long lasting results. Slow and steady really is the way to go. I looked at your profile too and your not way overly overweight so its going to come off a little slower than someone who weighed 100lbs more and had more to lose.

Also have you been tracking your food intake and monitoring your calories, carbs, protein, and fitness? You may be eating too little, too much, or not eating back your excersize calories. You should eat back about 1/2 of your excersize calories. IMO.
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    I hadn't considered inches before. I want to thank everyone though because I was feeling
    pretty down yesterday. I checked though and I lost about 4 inches off my waist. =)
    thanks everybody.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You're definitely on the right track. :flowerforyou: