Is housework considered excersise?

Options
123457»

Replies

• jozzler
    Options
    When you first join mfp, it asks you what your activity level is and how much you want to lose on a weekly basis, and works out your daily calorie intake on that. daily housework should be included into your usual activity level, because it's what you normally do. I only ever track exercise as something extra to my usual daily activity.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i don't clean, my husband does all the housework, so when i do bother to do it, i list it. i do laundry and cat pans every week, so i don't list it, but if i got wild and busted out the vacuum i would list it.

How did you get him to do the housework? That is so not fair! Some days I feel like I'm cleaning up after a 3rd child!

persistence :laugh:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    For me - Regular cleaning no. Even a vigorous cleaning no. But those rare, out of the ordinary, maybe a few times a year, when you are going like the energizer bunny for a sustained period of time, moving furniture, boxes up and down stairs, out to the garage, up on the ladder ect ect - I count it. I honestly see a lot of people abusing the 'cleaning' calorie burn though. It irks me but to each his own. In the end when they're not seeing the results they think they should be getting with their house cleaning calorie burns they might get it.