SALSA <3

Options
2»

Replies

• laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have to save this, I could eat Salsa with a spoon! Skip the tortilla chips!
  • MrsLip4d
    Options
    All this salsa talk is great, even have some good recipies to use now THANK YOU!... but my question is what can you eat this salsa with- it seems tortilla chips are so bad for you.... any healthy alternatives?
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I like it simple:
    Roma tomatoes
    Onion
    TONS of cilantro
    Garlic
    Lime Juice
    I could eat it allllll day!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    TOMATILLO SALSA (GREEN SALSA)

Tomatillos - Raw, 4 medium

Onions - Raw, 1 slice, medium (1/8" thick)

Garlic - Raw, 1 clove

Raw - Cilantro, 1/8 cup

Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper

*salt to taste

boil the tomatillo and jalapeno. blend them together with the other ingredients.

NOM NOM NOM NOM
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    my mum made a watermelon salsa and it was amazing but neither of us remember the recipe =(
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bu UMP!! Some good lookin noms in here!!! I need to make some salsa as my jalapeno plants are over loaded.
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love Santa Barbara Mango Peach Salsa from Costco. So good!
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    All this salsa talk is great, even have some good recipies to use now THANK YOU!... but my question is what can you eat this salsa with- it seems tortilla chips are so bad for you.... any healthy alternatives?

Veggies! When I really want salsa, I make a salad and use salsa as the dressing. Like a taco salad..lettuce, black olives, jalapenos, guacamole or avocado, tomatoes, beans (I use black beans as opposed to refried) and salsa. You could add low fat cheese/sour cream too. Yum.

Or if you feel like cooking, you could make your own tortilla chips - that way you can control how bad they are. Buy the low-calorie, high fiber/protein tortillas and bake them!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    love to make salsa but since i am out...here is what i buy at the whole foods store. it is amazingly delicious. 365 Organic - Black Bean & Corn Salsa
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sams club black bean and corn salsa is my favorite!!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bump! i :heart: salsa
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Yeah! We were given a ton of garden tomatoes and was hoping to make salsa! Thanks everyone!
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    Bump