Easy Curried Chicken and Brown Rice!

Options
aylabradshaw
aylabradshaw Posts: 17 Member
I wish I could post a picture of this dish! It is beautiful as well as mouth watering. It has around 460 calories per serving, but 1 serving is enough to fill you up and chances are you won't have to go back for seconds! 1 serving consits of 1 chicken thigh and about a cup of brown rice. It takes around 1 hour to prep and cook. This is a one-pot dish and is super easy to make as well as clean up! I created this dish about a month ago and just can't get enough of it! I really hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I do!

I use a large Le Cruset cast iron dutch oven pot for this recipe, but you can use any kind as long as it has a lid.

Ingredients:

1 lb. Whole Chicken Thighs (4-5 thighs)
2 cups Basmati Brown Rice
2 cups water
1 cup Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
12 oz. light beer
3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Curry Powder
2 Tbsp. Tumeric Powder
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat your oil over medium heat. Trim skin and fat off chicken thighs (you can leave a little on for flavor if you'd like). Sprinkle thighs with salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp each of curry powder, tumeric, and garlic powder. Place chicken thighs in pot and cook on each side just until nicely browned. Take thighs out and place on a plate, set aside.

In the same oil used for chicken, Pour brown rice in and stir around until coated and mixed with the tasty chicken bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add 12oz. of beer (1 can or bottle) and scrape up the little bits that have stuck to pan. Add water, stir, cover and simmer on low-med for about 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes, add chicken thighs back to pot. Make sure they are somewhat covered with the liquid. This will make the meat so tender and juicy! Add the other 1Tbsp. of curry and tumeric powder. Cover again and cook for another 20-25 minutes. This dish is finished when most of the liquid is absorbed into the rice. Taste it and make sure your rice is tender. Add chopped spinach and stir until well incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and ENJOY!!

I like to add the spinach at the end because if you add it before and cook it with the cover on it loses its pretty green color. I hope my instructions were easy to follow. Feel free to message me with any questions. I promise you won't be disappointed with this recipe!!

Replies