New to the area :)

RL83
RL83 Posts: 15
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Just wanted to stop by and say hello :) I'm new here so i'll probably be quiet while getting familiar with the site. So far from what i've seen there are a lot of positive attitudes, which I am hoping will help. I cant help but feel like i'm setting up for failure, times are getting more stressful, and i just don't feel like my normal self anymore. I feel like I NEED to do this though because enough is enough.

Has anyone ever been here before? What was it that made you decide to change, and how did you end up here?

Thank You!
-Robbie

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,034 Member
    Hello, and welcome to MFP!

I've been here since August, and it has been so good for me. Several people on the Beachbody message boards said they used MFP to track their food, so I decided to give it a whirl. Eighteen pounds later and counting, I'd say it's a pretty great tool! You can do it too. You've made the first, most important, step of joining MFP. Let MFP help you set your goals. If you commit to sticking to what MFP says, which is completely doable, you will have success. Don't try to do it faster. I've seen people get overly ambitious and then give up because it's too hard. There's no need. This is about a change for the rest of your life, and you don't want to be miserable. That's the opposite of what you want. You want to be happy, successful and healthy — now and always.

That said, you may need to tweak a little to get the numbers exactly right, but what MFP tells you is a great place to start. If you are diligent about tracking and consistent with what you do, it's really easy to see if you need to make minor tweaks.

You are definitely in the right place. :happy:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! You're going to love it here...and you are setting yourself up for SUCCESS not failure, friend!!! :wink:

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RL83
    RL83 Posts: 15
    Thank You both for the words of encouragement, it's really appreciated. I'm mostly going to be using the site for the calorie counter and possibly checking into little discussions about challenges or something. I have the p90x work out program, so i'm figuring out the last couple measurements and notes before i get started. I can shed the pounds quickly which is ironic in it's own way. I look forward to sharing experiences with other people and possibly becoming another success story here :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,034 Member
    Yeah, I was just going to use the food diary and not spend much time here too, but I can't stay away!

I've done P90X too. If you are consistent, you should get great results. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.