What nutrients should I be tracking?

Options
Hey guys, which is the best nutrients to have on your diary? I don't have any medical conditions, but need to be wary of sugar in take because the family history of diabetes. I am not sure what I should be tracking the most? Any help would be great, thanks

Replies

• jjennasmithh
    Options
    Carbs, Fat, Fiber are the ones I track for sure! :)
  • butterflyqueen1984
    Options
    I have carbs and fat down, I have iron as well, because I get anaemic sometimes but I still cannot for the life of me have my daily iron in take!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that some of the foods in the MFP database do not have all of the nutrient fields filled in. So while calories, carbs, fat, and protein are all likely to be accurate, the others are less so, which reduces the usefulness of tracking them. For example, potassium is almost never accurate because, while it's required on US labels, it is not required in many other countries.

I would track fiber instead of sugar because carbohydrates are fiber+sugar in food, and the site has more accurate fiber counts than sugar counts.
  • littlecar1
    littlecar1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I track fibre and sodium. I have a tendency to have highish blood pressure, so I keep an eye on my salt intake, plus I sometimes struggle to eat enough fibre so it helps me to focus.

I used to track iron but I was so far off it (not matter what I ate) that it was a bit pointless.
  • bluedecor
    Options
    I try to track vitamins A & C
  • gal_amy
    Options
    Hey guys, which is the best nutrients to have on your diary? I don't have any medical conditions, but need to be wary of sugar in take because the family history of diabetes. I am not sure what I should be tracking the most? Any help would be great, thanks

If you go to www.sparkpeople.com I have a huge list of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.