Question Please help answer

Options
Hi All,

I'm 29 mother to two kiddies 4 &1, I weigh atm 181lbs started @ 186lbs nearly 2 weeks ago.

Now MFP states for me to lose 1lb a week I need to eat 1480 calories, to lose 1.5lbs a week I need to eat 1240 calories. I eat between these (1360) which I am happy on now (1st few days were a killer).

I recently introduced excercise about 4 days ago (I havent done ANY excercise since 2006) I'm doing the shred (started on Sunday) and twice a week I'm doing the school run which consists of me pushing the 1 year old in the stroller with the 4 year old on the buggy board. its a 1.2 mile journey there when I'm dropping my son off theres a rather steep hill (sons school at the top - soda law :D) then I walk back 1.2 mile - there and back takes me 1hr 10 mins (longer when I'm pushing both kiddies). When its time to pick him up I walk a further 1.2miles up the massive hill and this takes about 25mins, I usually get the bus back as by this point i'm knackered (I only started this last week).

My question is, do I need to eat the calories I have earned through excercise? Or do I still stick to my 1360 cals? I dont want to do any harm to my body and I'm quite prepared to lose around 7lbs a month (Ideally I would like to lose 32lbs over the course of 4-5 months, I'm 5ft7 and want to keep my boobs and bum!!!)

Any answers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    eat up! :)
  • Bambalina11
    Options
    Ooops I posted in wrong Forum, so sorry!

Will re post in correct one, though feel free to answer :D
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Eat back the calories. On a weight loss theory/empirical measure that way you'll lose fat, not muscle.

On a more practical level - if you do all that exercise and don't eat enough, you'll get grumpy and have hard time dealing with your kiddies. And they are more important than losing weight faster.

Slow and steady and you will so get there. Good luck!
  • Bambalina11
    Options
    Thanks Guys, one more question, sorry, can I "save" these calories say for every saturday? that way I can still kinda have a glass of wine ect (I started on a saturday and my WI is on a Saturday).

thanks again
  • sharfisher
    sharfisher Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In my experience I lose weight faster when I eat some or most exercise calories back, but not all.
    Don't burn out! Good luck!
  • sharfisher
    sharfisher Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In my experience I lose weight faster when I eat some or most exercise calories back, but not all. You might have to experiment a bit to see what works for you.

• Bambalina11
    Options
    In my experience I lose weight faster when I eat some or most exercise calories back, but not all.

Ah thank you, I only do the school run twice a week the rest of week I'm at work, I dont drive and the nearest bus stop is a 20 min walk so I may as well walk him to school. As I HAVE to do it theres no chance of me quitting (say If I was doing an excercise class....I am hoping to change this attitude though but not just yet) Plus with a family and home and as I only work part time I cant really afford to sign up to the gym :(
  • dmdbooker
    Options
    Well, since everyone's body is different and you do want to lose weight...why not keep your calories at 1360 with the exercise. This should enable you to tone your body and still lose without exhausting yourself with deprivation. Exercise should get your metabolism moving faster, not feel starved. At 1240 calories you can feel starved and eating the calories you burn off sort of defeats the purpose, to me. Good luck!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You need to average out over the week. If a glass of wine Saturday makes it more likely you stick with your goals - go for it. But wine isn't very caloric and you can probably fit it in anyway. Personally, I decided switching to skim milk was definitely worth other things I wanted to fit in more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!