Still having carb problems

Options
I'm always going over my carb goal, and am always under on my protein. I don't want to drink protein shakes--I just want to eat real food that's good for me, so I try to eat a decent amount of fruit and vegetables for the fiber, and lean meats + dairy for protein, but I still have problems with too many carbs and too little protein.

What do you do?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have around 250g of Total 0% greek yoghurt or 250g of Quark with peanut flour or pb2 or fruit, some flax and some stevia mixed in and that adds about another 30g of protein. I have it as my sort of dessert every evening. My dinners are usually 2 fillets of salmon or 200g of tuna steak or some smoked salmon and cottage cheese or beans, and that adds another 40-50g of protein, with lots of veggies, but no potato, rice etc. I also have fruit and some almonds earlier on and a carby treat most afternoons, but that is how it works out for me.
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Depends on your protein needs for the day, based on your calorie level. I would recommend looking for high protein foods and evenly distributing them throughout your meals/snacks. Shouldn't be too hard if you have a protein food at each meal/snack. Remember an oz. of most meats have around 7 grams of protein, so a 3 oz. pieces of meat or poultry (deck of cards or palm of hand size) would have about 21 grams of protein and as mentioned before you can try to incorporate greek yogurt which is around 14 grams per serving. Other higher protein foods are low fat cottage cheese, low fat milk, peanut butter, even edamame and other soy proteins...hope this helps.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    hard to say without seeing your food diary
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much fruit so not enough calories left to eat enough meat.
  • I need 100 proteins a day and I have a protein smoothy for breakfast (I am not a cereal eater), snack: Greek yogurt, fruit and a string cheese (20 proteins), lunch, Tuna with pickles, light miracle whip and crackers or whole wheat bread to go with it and some fruit (22-24), other snacks, PB2 and apples, greek yogurts, almonds sometimes beef jerky. Dinner I usually have chicken and veggies, lean steak and veggies or something similar.

My wellness coach told me that the body will only absorb so much protein at one time and kick the rest out (33 grams I think) So I try to keep my meals 20-30 and I usually find myself hitting the higher end when I find myself at the end of the night trying to figure out how to get the protein in when I am low.