Please Help!

Options
So, I just joined today (yay me), and I want to get some excercising tips. I pretty much don't have anything to work with. I have: a small bedroom floor, 3 pound weights (not sure why, but they're so light), an elastic band thing, and one workout dvd (It's alright, I guess). I can't go to a gym and I can't get outside much to run. I know this sounds rather depressing, but it's true. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
:D

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

You can use your own body weight to do things like lunges, squats, pushups, situps. With the band, you can put it under your feet and do bicep curls, overhead press, tricep extensions, etc.

Check out www.exercisetv.tv for free videos too!
  • akrox
    akrox Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome!!!

You can use your own body weight to do things like lunges, squats, pushups, situps. With the band, you can put it under your feet and do bicep curls, overhead press, tricep extensions, etc.

Check out www.exercisetv.tv for free videos too!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    womenshealthmag.com has really great exercises you can do anywhere with no equipment.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    So, I just joined today (yay me), and I want to get some excercising tips. I pretty much don't have anything to work with. I have: a small bedroom floor, 3 pound weights (not sure why, but they're so light), an elastic band thing, and one workout dvd (It's alright, I guess). I can't go to a gym and I can't get outside much to run. I know this sounds rather depressing, but it's true. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks!
    :D

My favorite form of exercise is to dance in my living room to a CD that my husband made for me using all my favorite fast paced oldies songs. It's fun, easy, and I can even watch tv at the same time too, so I never get bored. Maybe you could try something like that. :smile:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Do you have cable? I work out in a small living room, surrounded by kids toys (and a Christmas Tree right now) to the 30 Day Shred sires FREE from OnDemand. It's only 7.99 at Costco too. I lost 2.4 lbs last week and this week and I'm pretty sure it has to do with doing 30 Day Shred 2 the past week.
    Best of luck and welcome!!!!
  • corderoinkuna
    Options
    Do you use Netflix? They offer exercise videos too, you can "watch on demand" some of the videos or have them sent to your house.
  • trisaratops
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I got a workout DVD... crap I don't remember what it's called. But there are 12 minute cardio and yoga workouts on it. I'm also going to try to get outside to walk a few times a week as the weather seems to be getting slightly better. Does anyone know if the workouts in Seventeen magazine work? I still have a few of those in my attic or closet from a couple of years ago. I looked through one today and did it, and it seemed good, so I'll probably do that in addition to the DVD. I just got a Wii for Christmas and will hopefully be getting the Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus.
    Thanks for your help :D