pissed/annoyed/aggravated

Options
I dont get this I do an great job for a week or two then i just lose motivation, I constantly tell myself im going to do it, but then I fade away an I dont know what to do anymore, I want this so bad, but i feel my self-esteem has hit an all time low, to the point it depresses me an i dont know what to do to just break through this emotion an be able to conquer this, to actually believe I CAN DO THIS, has anyone else ever thought this or felt this way, if so please i beg you, how do i break through this emotion? how do i believe in myself? help me someone please

Replies

• mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    To tell you the complete truth, I was just in your situation. I just could not keep my head in the game. I went back to the way I used to lose weight. I concentrate on food. Make sure I eat what I need and still eat what I want to a certain degree. I have been logging in everything except dinner. At one point this could be bad, but on the other hand I am learning control and I feel so much better about this. Once I saw the scale move and people mention I look like I lost weight it really pushed me to keep going.

I am sorry you feel like this. It is very hard to get through it. Just one day at a time. If you want to friend me please do so. We can even encourage each other.
  • happypath101
    Options
    I wonder if you're a perfectionist? I am. And it can easily derail me.

Here are some suggestions:

* Do not try to change too much too fast. You just end up overwhelmed and disappointed. Instead, take smaller changes more slowly. When I first started out, my goal was to eat ONE fruit or veggie a day and walk around the block. That seems crazy to me now. But, that's where I had to start. (I walked/ran 11km this weekend just because I wanted to).

* Do not try to change your basic character. If you are a night owl, workout at lunch or after work, or even in the evening. Don't force yourself to get up early. You can be healthy AND be yourself.

* You might want to try some artsy fartsy touchy feely projects. Once, when I was doing Weight Watchers, a buddy suggested we cut and paste images from magazines to make a motivational poster. I still have that poster 8 years later and I love it. It's full of images that inspire and support me. And, because it's custom made, it really speaks to me. I also keep a weight loss/maintenance journal. Sometimes I use it just to vent. There are a lot of entries like "I'm SICK of dieting. I don't want to exercise. Why can't I be naturally thin?" The interesting thing is, they are often followed by a break in the plateau.

* Focus on something, ANYTHING, other than the scale. That thing is a lying beast. Measure yourself regularly. Notice how well you can manage the stairs, cross your legs, carry the groceries. Wear clothes that make you feel pretty now.

* Spend some time with the elderly or the sick or the disabled. Or just watch a movie or google some related stories. Then, consider how truly awesome your functioning body is. Decide to take care of it because you love yourself. Congratulate yourself for all the ways you are being good yourself.

Don't give up! You can do it!
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you're a perfectionist? I am. And it can easily derail me.

Here are some suggestions:

* Do not try to change too much too fast. You just end up overwhelmed and disappointed. Instead, take smaller changes more slowly. When I first started out, my goal was to eat ONE fruit or veggie a day and walk around the block. That seems crazy to me now. But, that's where I had to start. (I walked/ran 11km this weekend just because I wanted to).

* Do not try to change your basic character. If you are a night owl, workout at lunch or after work, or even in the evening. Don't force yourself to get up early. You can be healthy AND be yourself.

* You might want to try some artsy fartsy touchy feely projects. Once, when I was doing Weight Watchers, a buddy suggested we cut and paste images from magazines to make a motivational poster. I still have that poster 8 years later and I love it. It's full of images that inspire and support me. And, because it's custom made, it really speaks to me. I also keep a weight loss/maintenance journal. Sometimes I use it just to vent. There are a lot of entries like "I'm SICK of dieting. I don't want to exercise. Why can't I be naturally thin?" The interesting thing is, they are often followed by a break in the plateau.

* Focus on something, ANYTHING, other than the scale. That thing is a lying beast. Measure yourself regularly. Notice how well you can manage the stairs, cross your legs, carry the groceries. Wear clothes that make you feel pretty now.

* Spend some time with the elderly or the sick or the disabled. Or just watch a movie or google some related stories. Then, consider how truly awesome your functioning body is. Decide to take care of it because you love yourself. Congratulate yourself for all the ways you are being good yourself.

Don't give up! You can do it!

GREAT Post, thank you!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    THANKS! :O)
  • areilly78
    areilly78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happypath101, so glad to have you as a friend on here. :) Perfectly said.

Kateluvsall, feel free to add me if you want a new friend to help keep you positive. Happy is a great friend to have too. :)
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Happypath101 said it perfectly! (and inspired me, too). Thank you! :smile:
  • alexandrajane84
    alexandrajane84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same - all gun hoe and then a slight slip, a lack in motivation and it all comes crashing down and I'm a kilo or two heavier than when I began....

Hope that you find that inner strength and celebrate your little wins!

Happypath101 - excellent post!... exactly what I needed as well... Looking at the scales this morning I was devestated, its just not happening fast enough, however rewind to this time last week I was estatic because I could see some definition in my arm when putting bobby pins in my hair... what a difference a week makes...

Hope you all have a killer day! :)
  • LORA0504
    Options
    Wish I could give you some pointers but I am literally in the same boat. In fact, I just posted tonight about how disappointed I am at fast and how far I have gotten off track. Looks like there is some great advice in the feedback you've received. If any of you are willing to take on another friend, please friend me. So glad you posted this comment. Thanks and best of luck; we CAN do this!
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    being here, participating, getting about 10 good pals, don't let the 1200 calorie haters or the ana's get to ya. Focus on your goals, and find people that are real. that eat cake, and drink beer.. lol.. It is a hard journey, but so much easier when you have like minded people within fingertips' reach!!! hang in there. it gets better
  • altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too. I just started exercising again today after not doing so for almost a year. Before I would go a few weeks and then get super demotivated. I keep telling myself that this time I'll stick with it, but a small part of me worries that I won't.
  • Caseysface
    Caseysface Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make your least favorite picture of yourself your backdrop on your computer.