faster metabolism or losing motivation?

Options
so i started my weight loss journey almost three months ago and I have successfully lost 20 pounds thus far. I am now currently 5'8 and 180lbs and started at about 200. I have been exercising 3-4 times a week and eat 1200 calories a day. Recently though I have been finding myself hungry way more than usual. When i first started this process, I would eat all my small meals throughout the day and be fine. I learned how to easily (for the most part) manage my calorie intake, but as of recently I find myself just always wanting more food. I'm still eating 1200 calories and eating healthy foods but now I find it so hard to stay under that limit. I just can't tell if it's because my metabolism has gotten faster or I'm just losing the focus and/or motivation to control myself.

Any thoughts/advice/ideas?

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My guess is faster metabolism. :)

I had pretty much the exact same thing at about the 25lbs mark. I bumped up my calories to 1530 and was totally back on track.
  • austi_t
    austi_t Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your weight loss!!! it's seriously so motivating :)

Do you think that I should up my intake? I just have this irrational fear that if I eat 1500 calories every day then I will magically stop losing weight or even gain....I guess I can give it a try and see how it works!!!
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    I started mine 3 years ago and my meals have gotten closer and closer to each other! my vote is for metabolism too! If I don't eat SOMETHING every 2 hours my body starts getting completely whacked and I start feeling like I haven't eaten in days! But a handful of carrots, couple slices of turkey and a big glass of water and I'm right as rain again! For me the more water I drink the less the hunger pangs attack!

and since I'm up from 4am to 9pm daily I end up feeling like I eat ALL DAY!!!
  • austi_t
    austi_t Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Appreciate the advice :)
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump